Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John Murphy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

He's done it, he can't be caught in joint 23rd!!! I'm delighted for him

What a ballsy final round to make it, especially after the last few holes yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I posted yesterday that I thought he needed a 65 today to have a chance. The man has just gone and pulled it out of the bag with his low round of the week!!!! unbelievable stuff. Serious liathróidí!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

That's some way to deliver, the manner in which he got the card will surely be massive for his confidence going forward. Knowing you can deliver when there's no room for error must be huge for any golfer no matter what the level

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Great results for the two lads, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭phelimb

Yeah, big congrats to the two of them. Hopefully they can push on from this now knowing that they have what it takes...

Does this gain them automatic entry to pretty much all of the DPWT tournaments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Not the Rolex or the middle east swing probably but will easily get 20 plus starts.

Gather enough points for an even better category the following year.

Missed the cut last week.

serious start this morning!!!

-3 through 4 holes today. currently 1 shot off the cut.

He really seems to have the game to succeed at this level at the very least (i.e. at least keep his European Tour card and make a reasonable living)

+3 75 first round score for John at the dunhill in south africa.

7 bogeys 4 birdies

currently in a tie for 130th.

Tough start to his DP world tour career

• Advertisement

Positive first round for John in Mauritius. in with a -2(70)

It would be a great christmas present for him if he could make a cut!!!

I spoke too soon. From being well in contention after 27 holes, John has just gone bogey, double, triple, bogey, quadruple.

and then another triple.

Horror show unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jaysus that's desparate.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Xander10

Yikes, that will leave a few scars you would imagine going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I cant ever recall a collapse like that by a tour pro.

Hopefully he can park it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Did something happen I wonder? Just after seeing his scorecard....shocking stuff for a pro.

Yeah, his card for the front nine looks like something I might hand in (or probably not) after a bad day ...something must have happened alright.

Pity he didn't make any cut for the last few events and earn some cash/ranking points as the fields were probably weaker that what will be there for the UAE swing in Jan...

I'd say he might just need Christmas at home now and a chance to recharge. Probably bit of a burn out after putting everything into getting the Tour card

Golf is hard.

5 missed cuts in a row for John and the 6th looking likely as he's 5 over with the last hole of round 1 to go (play suspended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Double bogey, bogey, double bogey for his last 3 holes, probably in semi darkness, before the suspension. Level par for 14 was decent on a tough course

Finished off his delayed 1st round with a birdie for a 76 but then shot another 76 in round 2 including a 5 hole run of birdie, bogey, bogey, triple bogey and birdie.

Projected cut is +4 so must be a tough course

Each recent round seems to include a couple of big scores that ruin the score.

8 over 79 today in Kenya. 10 bogies and 1 eagle. 😦

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

Really important 2nd round for John today, no cuts made this year on either main tour or Challenge tour, a +1 should get him in on a tough course with a much bigger prize fund. Might not get too many more starts so fingers crossed he shoots par or better and get a chance to play the weekend and make some money.

7 over though 10 today.

Looks like the 1st made cut this season for John.

2 under yesterday and a horrible start today (3 over thru 2 holes) but pulled it back to shoot level par for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

Currently tied 56th so should be ok, great recovery today after a horror +3 through 2 holes, will be a massive relief and hopefully will rip it up over the weekend.

Yeah big relief I'd say to finally make a cut and should be a confidence boost as well. Hopefully he will finish the weekend well and have some nice cash coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

Triple birdie finish for -8 total. Great to see!

Advertisement