Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repainting

Options
  • 13-10-2021 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I need to get my 40yr old Mercian resprayed, is there anyone in Dublin or Leinster that you would recommend, thanks in advance Paul

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Chris Custom Design in Scarva (Banbridge) is the go to manin our club. He repainted my Noah FAST and did a superb job. Just be prepared for a decent que as he is popular.

You will find him on facebook.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a crowd out in tallaght (tallaght powder coatings, maybe?) i've heard people recommend also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭hesker

There’s a guy in Tipp I think who is highly rated. Not at home atm so don’t have the details but can post when I get back.

Chris Custom Design does savage work alright.

I think there was a guy in Mayo also who was highly rated. Would do all the logos/decals by masking and spray painting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

I've had a Carlton frame done in tallaghtpowdercoating. Results were .. fine. But that's all they were. Certainly not a flawless finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Have you details for the Mayo fella by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭hesker

Just checked the laptop and could not find links to guys in Mayo or Tipp.

Did find this previous thread with a few suggestions

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057323361/carbon-frame-respray

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Ok thanks anyway. I remember contacting a guy in Mayo last year during lockdown and he never replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I used a guy in the UK www.kustomflow.co.uk

The results were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

I had a frame done in tallaght powder coating (shop is in ballymount!)

Frame is Reynolds 525, it was sandblasted and recoated. I'm very pleased with the result. Finish is quite matt and seems really durable.

The only issue I had is that the inside of the frame was sprayed with frame saver and it wasn't all removed in the prep.

This resulted in a small plug of sticky sandy goop lining the seat tube. I only discovered this when putting the seatpost back in, but it was easily cleaned out with an alcohol soaked rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Heard good reports about Donard Bikes

https://www.donard.cc/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

I was able to get a full set of replacement transfers from Mercian once I quoted the frame number and gave them a bit of past history when I had resprays done locally decades ago. I have a 1984 catalogue scanned and if you want some inspiration, I can sent it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭paul a newman

Many thanks, will make contact with you later

Advertisement