Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 14th October '21

Options
  • 13-10-2021 9:36pm

4.00 Curragh OLIVIA VALERE win 8/1 gen

Yet to win, and been running over a mile or so recently. Tackles 7f tomorrow, and shaped as if the trip might suit, when last seen running over a mile at Killarney about 2 weeks ago. This 3yr old has been knocking on the door, and may come good tomorrow. Peter Fahey has had her for four out of her 12 runs in total, and perhaps he has found her level now, being as this will be the first time he sends her out at a trip shorter than a mile. A fair price for the win methinks.

😊

Comments

1.30 Tramore

A couple of shorties in this, and hard to know which, if any of them will prevail...

Have gone for two ew against the field, who can go close if they give their best running. They should appreciate the forecast going (good) too:

RAGS KITTEN 33/1 PP, Boyles , TAGG'S ISLAND 12/1 PP, Boyles.. The latter looks a bit skinny, but bar Downthecellar 5/4 gen favourite and Coolnacritta 2s gen, there's little worthwhile form on offer here.

Gluck 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Rathgearan - 11/1 ew

Distances lost don’t seem as severe as others but the drift in the market is a surprise

Mater Matuta - 20/1 ew

Weird weather and continuation of summer ground just about gives it a chance

Conquering Tara - 9/1 ew

Upsetting form in finishing a race, might not run well with the boys, but immediate rivals are all not suited to the ground. Challenge to a place comes from long odds rivals

Paddy Wickla - 10/3 win

Heavily raced in the last two weeks? However on form and weights I think it beats the favourite

Chesterville - 10/11 win

Backed him in a race a few days ago, much shorter trip this time. I think GE has big plans for this horse and this is a long term campaign

Champagne Sparkles - 15/8 win

Optional Mix is the obvious value at 13/2 despite the drift, think this’ll be set up proper for this race though

Sea Prince - 14/1 ew

First NHF, ground might suit, cheekpieces might suit

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I like Tagg's Island leffesem. In fact this is what I said about him, "Too short a price at 10s but it’s carrying a ridiculously low weight, you’ll kick yourself for not backing it."

New York City 13:40 Curragh & Quartz DuRheu 15:05 Carlisle double - 3/1

I too have had a nibble on Tagg's Island.

Good point fifty... Just did him myself ew at 10s in de shoppe... 3 places only in PP, as was a 16 runner h'cap, but the nr brings it down to fifteen...

• Advertisement

Decided to do her ew in the end.. 8s taken - 5 places I think on her

Both of them shorter than when I posted... 3 places a 1/4 (15 runner h'cap now, with a nr, and the reserve not taking part) :Took Tagg's Island @10/1, and a bit of a plunge on the other one, so only 16/1 available (also taken) on Rags Kitten when I went to the shop earlier... Plus a couple of ew doubles.... Probably would have done the RF if I thought of it 😄

4.30 Brighton JUNOESQUE EW 12/1 gen

A multiple course, and also c & d winner is this 7yr old mare. Goes well on top of the ground. Can win by making all, or by chasing the pace. Has seen some early support, but at 12/1, there's plenty of juice in her price imo.. There's plenty of question marks against the rest of the field.. The 7/2 jolly Spirit Level (a fair price if you can make a case for him) has not really been tried at this trip, bar his 5th lto on soft enough going.. A lot of these either require a shorter or longer trip I think, or softer ground. Although she can make all, I hope that she sits just behind the pace, as frontrunners I feel are always vulnerable (either to the field closing late, or, worse, getting hassled for the lead). Looks about a 6 or 7/1 shot to me for win purposes, and 10s, or bigger is fair for ew backers (like me 😂).

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I took a chance on two big priced ones in the curragh e w double. Politicise 28/1 3.25 is well handicapped and was a good third at Galway off 3lbs higher a few runs back

Mister Trader in the last 50/1 is seriously well handicapped and is well drawn. Off a long time but its last victory was on the back of a 13 month break and could outrun his odds. Worth a small chance for a huge payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Last race Curragh. Teddy Boy is well in for a good run. 20/1 e/w - could see him winning off this mark

Both them picks were well found PC.. If I'm not too lazy, I wiil go to the shop later and do em both ew 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Good pick OP nice winner in the 400pm I had a little nibble this morning at 8s and wins at 16😁

😁

Lovely drift.. Won at 16s.... Paul Carberry ride by the winning jockey.. Held up out the back, and was produced out wide about 3 out... Was pulling a cart 2 1/2 - 3 furlongs out... Thought the jockey wasn't trying a yard.. But Mikey Sheehy really got a great tune outta her inside the last furlong... 100yds out I thought it was a lost cause ☺️

Cheers pottokblue... Glad you got on.... Smashing price 😃 Any joy with the placepots lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Running over 2 furlongs further than last time though.. I wouldn't be in a hurry to back her over 9.5fs on soft/heavy going 😁.. She has found the winning thread, but am happy to swerve her @ 4/1 under today's conditions... Will be an interesting race nonetheless to see if she can 'keep progressing' , as they say.. Hope she wins if you're on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

No, not backing her either. She might win this as well but the value isn't there today.

You were right not to.. Looked at result there.. Not in top 5 today!

Advertisement