Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 13th Oct. 2021

Options
  • 13-10-2021 1:54am

2.30 Bath

GREY GALLEON @ 6/1 is a C & D winner, is in good recent form, and can take a lead, so it makes him one of my 2 ew picks in this He's probably better value than the lto winner over C & D, and current 4/1 2nd fav Ruby Cottage (who, admittedly probably has the best winning claims here, but is going up in the weights, and in a big field, the winner could well come from 'the other side'). I think the 7/2 fav Cherish may be extended by the extended 5f (5f 160yds) trip. A second ew selection, for me here, at a bigger price is TAWAAFOQ @ 20/1.

Plenty with decent recent form, including numerous C & D winners, but I've gone for one on either side of the draw in this 16 runner affair.. With that amount of runners, it's possible that they might split into 2 groups. I reckon the shops will be offering 5 places in this, as it seems a few are going 6 places online.

Good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Pyramid Hill 33/1 ew 3pl 0.2 (Could have let it gone back up to 40/1 here but I'm not that smart)

Mid-division on only run but not that far down, even if it was a bumper. You’d take EW if another place was offered

Go Gill Go 4/1 win

Coin toss with the favourite, who might do better in the future by maintaining their mark. Quick wins a problem from it, also toughness of course might just stretch the favourite

Elegant Lass 8/1 ew 3pl 0.2

Think the others want just that bit further

Rich Belief 6/1 win

You’d really want each way with this but who the **** knows? - (Of course I didn't wait to see if e/w was possible, because I'm lazy.)

Exit Poll 2/1 win

He’ll do it again, right?

Annamix 3/1 win

You’ll go against what everyone is saying in this? Sounds like madness, right? Just throw yer cash away.

Esperti 13/8 win

There has to be a reason they’re sticking to bumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Flat season winding up saturday good book for BUick and Oisin to pop more winners at Notts today. Both jocks will be in my placepot and heres how I'm reading the card...

Medyaf WIN, Rockfire place, Candykitten WIN,Peaceoffering place, ALdbourne WIN, Legendaryday WIN, Raasel WIN< Mehmo WIN

L15 WIN: Medyaf, Rockfire, Candykitten, Mehmo

^^^

Good luck with them Fifty,, WD yesterday with a few nice priced placers... Good picking there!

That's a 10 horse race that Rich belief is in.. Why wouldn't ya get ew ? 😁 Ya mustn't be too lazy, else ya wouldn't have given em a write-up 😊

As for me own picks at Bath, I went in to ye shoppe earlier and got 11s on GG (thought the ground must have changed, as I didn't think 6/1 was unreasonable.. Still good to firm tho) , and 25/1 on the other pick Tawaafoq... 5 places and 15 runners, so happy with prices and terms.. A lil RF too.

6/1 is a bit tight for taking ew for me. If they place you feel like you've made nothing of them, if they win you feel like you've flushed half your stake down the swanny.

I get the feeling it's a horse that is more likely to place than win, but I've seen him tipped in a few places so I won't be too concerned with missing out on a 20% payout on half a win stake if he does place and I don't have it. I'd probably feel more annoyed if he won and I didn't have the win, so it's a balance.

That's fair enough.. Think he has a very good chance myself... I see there's been a big Plunge on Merry Poppins in that same race: into 11/4 from 6s... Am not seeing the reason why myself..

The 3.30 looks an open 6 runner affair, with the top 3 in the betting hard to separate on form. For me, Joey O'Brien's is way too short @ 6/5, and the value (although a short price too) appears to be in the 2nd fav in the shape of Mrs Harrington's EXIT POLL @ 2s

• Advertisement

I think the JC is close enough atm - Murphy was about 17 ahead 2-3 wks ago I think; not sure what the gap is now... Gwan Spud - do it for the Irish!! 😀

Go Gill Go was never given a chance. No space for her and couldn't go when she wanted to go, but it was already over by the second last, probably even the third last.

Galvin/Pay the Piper double at 3/1

If you're on long odds on jolly at Wetherby, ya cannae lose 😁

Two horse race in the 2:13 at Wetherby and Hardy Du Seuil was down at the first.

Pay The Piper didn't miss a step in a great round of jumping.

• Advertisement

3 horse race 2.13 Weth,, with just the 2 going to post with the non runner.. Turned into a one horse race after the 2nd fav fell at first - don't know how - he seemed to get over it fine.. Seemed to nod on landing after he jinked right before jumping it - must have slipped.. Anyway a cakewalk for the winner, after a pretty faultless round of jumping..

Unlucky with Elegant Lass Fifty.. Looked like she was going to win after the eventual winner blundered the last, but then Mighty Meggsie rallied to beat the toiling Elegant Lass! Bit of a sickener; I was sure DJ O'Keeffe was gonna win that when he got over the last in front... A cruel blow 😑

Yeah, with the jump at the last I was getting excited. Mighty Meggsie absolutely powered on though.

No joy there 😑 Was wrong about Cherish too - horse won nicely...

What the **** was that last jump from Danny Mullins?

That Galvin is some horse.

Nice double! Be looking at a hefty rule 4 though, with the nr in Pay The Piper's race.

7.00 Kempton

TARAVARA 9/1 ew gen

Is a good price, and drawn in box 4 is ideally placed to chase the pace. Was a bit unlucky 2 runs back over C & D on his first run for Simon Pearce. If there's a good deal of pace on, he will hopefully get the gaps when he needs them.

HOLD FAST 22/1 ew Boyles Nap

Unlike Taravara, she's draw high in 12. I can see her being held up, and to come with a late run. 2 times a C & D winner. Will draw a line through her latest effort, which was in a higher grade over c and d, after a break, and she raced prominently. Chances in an open looking race...

Advertisement