Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Electric Bike conversion in Dublin?

• 12-10-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3 princeofjazz

Hi, is there anywhere in Dublin that converts road bikes to electric. Im getting jealous watching every Deliveroo rider bomb past me with ease as I struggle up the hill on my way home each evening! Any recommendations and advice hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭ getoutadodge

i used nybike.ie. cost me 500 squids. Very happy with it. E bikes are a life saver. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭ Al Wright

If you mean 'road bike' rather than a hybrid, you probably need the lightest conversion kit available, which is probably the Swytch kit,

https://www.swytchbike.com/

Order on-line, costs somewhere in region of 900 Euro, delivery in about 3 months and fit it yourself. I seen one last week and it looks neat.

If you have a strong hybrid bike, then there are conversions advertised on Done Deal, and kits available on-line from about Euro 500 up. A word of caution, many of the ads for kits at lower prices do not include batteries, also the battery capacity affects the price

Advertisement