Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botox for Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome

Options
  • 11-10-2021 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone who had failed pressure release surgeries were recommended for Botox on the compartments.

Did it work and who provided the treatment/procedure?

I've had 2 X failed pressure release surgeries (one was successful for a few months), 2 X failed running re-education programmes, epidural, muscle biopsy, at least 5 X failed inserts, 2 X CT scans, blood tests, etc, etc, etc between HSE & NHS.

I was recommended for the new treatment until it was found to be experimental and only available in the US. Had an argument with a consultant in SSC over it.

No surgeon wants to touch me after the surgery didn't work a second time but after 15 years with the condition, I can confirm, it's not an injury I can manage, so I'm still looking for a solution...

Post edited by Brian? on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mod note: Medical advice is prohibited

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement