Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog suddenly pooing in house

Options
  • 07-10-2021 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

Very well toilet trained collie, 6 years, has started pooing in the house this week.

Solid, so not dicky tummy, I don't think.

In great form, nothing out of the ordinary that I have noticed except that she wants to come in as soon as she's out and vice versa- she often does this, follows someone outside and then wants back in a few minutes later, but now it's more like 30 seconds later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭denismc

Sounds like she might be a little stressed.

Our dog started doing something similar to yours recently in that she wanted outside then inside every couple of minutes.

We put it down to our kids playing with balloons! I think the noise of the air escaping from the balloons used to terrify her. It got to the point she would go and stand outside the neighbours door.

Since we got rid of the balloons she has calmed down.

If your dog is not stressed then the restlessness could be a sign of illness and she may need to looked at by the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Yes could be fireworks in the area maybe?

As the previous poster said it could be stress. Are there any building works happening near you at the moment as collies can very sensitive to loud noise. If nothing like this or any other changes in the house routine have occurred a trip to the vet would be in order. We had very old JRT who started to exhibit similar types of behavior and unfortunately it turned out to be a brain tumor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I find animals are usually the first to pick up on tension and stressors in the house. Any change in dynamic, hierarchy or routine can have an effect. Think about what has changed recently in and around the house as the dog seems anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

A sudden change in behaviour would warrant a vet visit for me to rule any medical reason out. Noise sensitivity can also be a sign of pain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement