Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Hopes: The Late Late Show-Friday 8th October 2021

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭techman1

or horror of horrors a beer company, then there would be some audience participation and then it would get interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Peter Schmeichel interview in the last 40 minutes or so, the rest don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭techman1

Yea you don't see this phenomenon on UK TV , its either full on entertainment show and on friday and saturday nights its just entertainment . maybe misery is entertaining for us though. I think Tubridy over indulges in it though, with Gay Byrne and even Pat Kenny they just through in the oul misery slot now and again just to satisfy our lust for it. Maybe its schadefraude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

The thread would be a lot funnier if about half of the posters were poached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭HBC08

The late late show thread was my favourite on boards by far,genuine laugh out loud comments on here.Lots of posters id butt heads with on other threads but we could all laugh and cringe at Tubs together on a Fri night.

It's now become the indicator as to how far boards has declined (not in comment quaility) but obviouly in quantity.13 pages for the LLS? Would have been averaging 150 pages before the changeover,even quiet ones would be 70- 80.

• Advertisement

Whatever about a laptop boards on a mobile is pretty much dead- but it’s not just boards in terms of TLLS- it’s just a rubbish show these days- we’re even bored giving out about the misery slots - and every second celebrity has a depression or anxiety story so it’s nearly full on misery -I wonder how many misery slots will the Toy show have this year 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭HBC08

Funnily enough that was what made it all the more fascinating for me.The move from standard misery slot maybe 10-15 years ago (which were often shocking and shine a light on uncomfortable parts of life) to a misery slot every show to everything being turned into a misery slot.

I watched on open mouthed as it got worse and worse over time to the point of being bizarre and beyond now.I was glad other people could see this too and turn it on its head and have a laugh a tubridys expense and the weird direction it had taken.(never at the people who tales were just as harrowing as back in Gaybos day but over saturation had made people numb to it) an interesting social development in itself.

I enjoy the commentary on it including the short thread last night even though most of the time I'm not actually watching the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I'm similar to alot of people....i just will not watch or listen to Tubridy...cant stomach him and his falseness, sitting on a plum, cushy 500k a year job exploiting people who are struggling financially, personally etc etc....

I enjoy reading the comments on him here though, pulling him up on his bullsh1t...

The Late Late Show has been absolutely dreadful with Tubridy presenting......its been dead for years...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

All told, the promised 'new season, new look, entertaining Late Late Show' is struggling badly as the lineup and the host revert to type.

The desperation will set in now and the damn Toy Show will be flogged incessantly from next week on. Tax dollars well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

.... and each year the Toy Show has less and less toys.

Even my own kids say it now. They only watch it now I think as its a chance to stay up late and eat sweets.

So tubs has even ruined that too, by introducing more and more misery into it over the years. It's as much about the 'Toy Man' and his routine at the start now as anything else. Bugger looking at toys, sure who wants that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

With the caveat that I rarely watch the Late Late, that was one of the most depressing shows I’ve ever watched on a Friday night. The guests were, for the most part, emotionally absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

People who never post here except to express shock at the lack of posts are the same people who will be shocked that a shop they haven't visited in 10 years has closed

Use it or lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just watched that Ruth Negga interview. Weird. She looked like she had all her comments rehearsed and when her ear rings fell off she acted like a normal person for a few seconds. Why was an interview with an actress conduced is such a serious tone? It's not feckin Prime Time and she's no intellectual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Dunno what that eejit has to be anxious about with the Moldovan Shakira Diana Bonucci sharing his bed. Reminds me of the George BST where did it all go wrong question he got asked by the hotel worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Kodaline first album was good. But since then seems they just trying to put out slow and mushy, or bad re-enactment of Coldplay’s worst songs. They are fairly awful and have no rock star charisma at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Advertisement