Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enhanced illness benefit payment

Options
  • 07-10-2021 1:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How does this work for a part time worker with a partial DA claim? I’ve looked it up on citizens info and from what I can make out I get €350 minus the amount of my DA. Is this correct or am I reading it wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi there, I know PUP payment didn't affect certain existing SW payments a person was receiving but I'm not sure if enhanced illness benefit effects a current disability/illness payment, at a guess it would.

For example as PUP was deemed an emergency payment as opposed to a standard SW payment , the department couldn't penalise Receipients already in receipt of a SWA, reduced JSA or WFP payment

As EIB is an enhancement of an existing illness benefit, its likely to impact on a current payment being received that is illness, disability related.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I think I get €350 in total, they just top up my DA payment. I have covid that’s why I’m applying.

Yes I think so too. Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope you make a speedy recovery. Do take care

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

It’s been disallowed I wonder do you still need to fulfill the same prsi requirements as for ordinary illness benefit?

• If employed
    • have at least one paid qualifying social insurance contribution in the four weeks immediately before claiming the payment and
    • have a contract of employment (if an employee)

If self employed

• worked immediately before applying for the enhanced payment and will have reckonable income in the current contribution year

I'm presuming being on DA excludes you 🤔

You mentioned you work part time, I wonder if you appeal and mention this as it mentions if you have a contract of employment, might be worth exploring 🤔

• Advertisement

It says details in the post so I’ll wait and see what comes in the post.

Great , I just thought re the qualifying condition mentioned (contract of employment) might help get over the line on appeal , fingers crossed and take care 🙂

I rang them today, they automatically disallowed it because I’m on DA. They have now referred my claim to ‘overlap’ section and it will take 3 weeks but I will get my €350. I didn’t go back to work this week but I’m just going to take it as a weeks holiday leave rather than go through all this again.

Gosh, sorry about this , the main thing is you'll get the €350 , good your taking some time off and hope your feeling better, take care 🙂

I got paid the money I was owed today.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

3 weeks now with message Application under review. Is this normal? Is there any number which can be called?

Just ring the normal Illness Benefit section.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bluebell76

Hi

does anyone know if covid-19 Enhanced Illness benefit is backdated. My friend is in hospital with it since the 1st november & Im trying to help her family make a claim. Also am I right in assuming she will need a doctors cert & someone will need to apply online for her through social welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi

Yes it will be backdated to the date the GP puts on the cert. As this person has been tested positive she can get it for a max of 10 weeks. Her GP needs to be contacted in order for him/her to process the medical certificate. He/she will send that cert away electronically.

Separately, your friend needs to complete an illness benefit application form either online or in paper form and get it away ASAP. If you need a paper one the GP will post it out to you.

Good luck and I hope she makes a prompt full recovery .

Sorry to hear about your friend. I can't say for sure if this specific payment is backdated but given your friends hospitalisation it is possible but may need explanation given the delay in applying, normally the payment is applied for immediately.

You are correct and a cert and or initial acknowledgement of a request to isolate from the HSE is required (Text notifications etc)

The application is done via a claimant's mywelfare account, but can be done by post albeit a slower process. I'm not sure how you can assist in this regard. Honestly my best advice is to call the section , explaining the situation to get advice on how best to proceed with an application, your friends situation a little more complicated, hospitalisation, delay in application etc .

Link below best explains the entire process and eligibility criteria plus phone numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

both my husband and I applied and were approved in July and I can confirm that it is backdated to the date the GP puts on the cert, the date there was a positive test confirmed by the HSE. There are no waiting days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sarah x1987x

Hi this also happened to me and I was referred to over lap section as like u I'm on social welfare payment and work part time, so is it just matter of the pay the difference of both payments if u don't mind me asking thanks

They pay you €350 minus your weekly amount from your DA.

Advertisement