Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Work / Volunteering Question

Options
  • 07-10-2021 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

This may seem a strange question but I’m hoping there is an easy answer.

I have a certain amount of free time now given the age of my kids etc. I still work full time but I am looking to see about volunteer work (one evening a week, half day at the weekend kind of level). I don’t have much money left over from the now older money demanding kids, so if I can contribute time and/or labour to charity I will!

I suppose I have fairly broad skills and experience: currently work in a middle management role, relatively well educated but I am also fairly handy with DIY, IT/computers and even a bit of cooking. So I’d be happy doing anything from fixing things, cooking, food/clothes runs, to project management and admin.

So the part I’m struggling with is where to start looking? Should I just reach out to charities directly? Is there an equivalent to a “jobs site” for them? I know this is a stupid question - but I’m at a bit of a loss where to start. I don’t have a particular preference for a charity. Besides giving a few quid once in a while to a random charity I’ve never done anything else

So any guidance or suggestions would be very welcome. Location wise I am in north Wicklow.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement