Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carvery in Galways city.

Options
  • 04-10-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend places in Galway city that do carvery type food ? Will be heading down in a couple of weeks but will be arriving late (7ish) so want to already have a plan in place for dinner on the night.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

You won't get a carvery that late

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Maybe the galleon would be closest to that type of food at that hour..

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Please be advised - If it's the weekend you will need to ring ahead and book a table. People aren't taking chances on not been allowed in so most decent places are booked from 19.00 onwards. As we found out Saturday but we did get a table at 17.15 on the understanding we'd to be gone by 19.00 which was explained very nicely and fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Cheers for the replies. Food doesn't necessarily have to be a carvery but a pub that serves decent food will even do. The food in the hotel I'm staying in is quite expensive.

I was in Galway last June and it was a disaster for getting food anywhere other than Super Macs so no way will I be having a repeat of that again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah, ok, from seven in the evening, city centre i'd go pucan, garveys/13 on the green and the the cellar, highly reccomend blakes brasserie/restaurant further on there is seven and keoghs/lock keeper..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭degzs

What is the best Carvery I wonder.

I know Trappers Inn used to be good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Frends used to be good if a carvery was what you needed.

If you just want pub grub I'm not sure why you had trouble finding anything better than Supermacs last time. There are loads of choices for pub grub in town: Keoghs, Cellar, Dail, Front Door, Buskers, Seven, McSwiggens, Caribou, any of the 8 fancy burger places,...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,723 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Depending on the day of the week, it can be difficult to get a table.

A friend working in a hotel tells me they are full booked with overseas tourists all thru October.

Advertisement