Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do B and Bs allow people to stay indefinitely for a reduced rate?

Options
  • 04-10-2021 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi, looking for accommodation nearer to my workplace and was wondering is it possible to stay in a B and B for a few weeks at a reduced rate until I get a room in a house? Im currently commuting and although its doable, I can see it start to wear me down a bit as time goes on. Would b and b owners be open to this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Some would. Hard to give a general response. You'd have to ask individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Circus_O

I've done this before while waiting on more permanent accommodation while I was in college.

Only one of the 8 or so B&Bs I contacted would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Used to run a B&B and we did occasionally, especially off season. No harm in contacting them direct and asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Yeah , Ive seen this before where engineers were staying for months in the same B&Bs while working on projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,707 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Many will. But best to book in for a couple of nights first, get a look at each other, before asking.

Also don't ask for indefinitely. Instead ask for a weekly or maybe monthly booking. And negotiate to get a healthier or no breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭dennyk

Some will give you a reduced rate for a longer stay, but "indefinitely" might be hard to swing, as they won't be able to advertise the availability of your room in advance if you're just going to hang out indefinitely and then up and leave on short notice at some random future date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Advertisement