Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Valuation please?

Options
  • 03-10-2021 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

I hope this is ok but I felt it was the best forum. My next door neighbour(older) has a 2015 eGolf. They bought it a few years back and use it as a run around, they are retired so don't travel far. They want to trade in/sell but no idea what it is worth. I don't either as not huge into cars at all. They asked me to see but I can't see

I don't think it's a specific model or anything, standard material seats. Has alloys, reverse camera, air conditioning and cruise control. No reverse camera which is something they want on next car.

Any idea? its just under 100k kms on the clock. Reading online its the older battery as they get around 150km on the car when full.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Doesn't seem to be any of that age for sale but a 2018 seems to be asking in around 25 to 26k. Going by the likes of other cars where a 2018 is asking that amount I'd be knocking about 10k off for a 2015. So 15 to 16k or so from a dealer. Maybe 12 to 13k privately.

150km range fully electric car might be a hard sell nowadays though but would certainly suit someone.

Realistically though, get some trade in valuations from a few dealers to get better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Oh I know, problem is they will rock into the first dealer and just buy something. I wanted to give them advice without ending up spinning around dealers trying to negotiate for them :-) hate to see them ripped off.

They seem to be a rare car alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

9k to 10k private, dealer might get 8k to 9k if they are buying next car off dealer

Advertisement