Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheating on your OH

• 02-10-2021 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Currently out with a few work colleagues...

And 2 have literally just left to have sex with Rando's...both are in "combited" relationships...

WTF... seriously...

I mean objectively there are 100 women who are more physically attractive than my wife flirting with me over the night...

My wife is who I love despite not be perfect, but she is the one I want to spent the rest of my life with...

Christ sake

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,446 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If you can't beat them join them.

100 women flirting with you, you're well in, you

have a 1 in a 100 chance at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

100 woman wanting you that is rookie numbers I have 500 come up to me on a daily basis. Every where I go they do be hounding me like dogs in heat so they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Trouble is it's only a matter of time before something happens and the truth comes out.

If your in love with your partner thats all you need and its very hard to not notice others who look WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

A lot of male cheating in the most part I would think derides from a lack of sex in a relationship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Mr. Feg strikes again

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I was very innocent when younger and thought cheating on nights out rarely happend and when it did automatically resulted in drama like Eastenders.

Turns out it's incredibly common, women and men can hide it very well from their partners.

I've seen countless men do it, not so much women because I don't get invited to many girls nights out!

When the drink is in, the conscience is out

Its one of the last great taboos

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭BobHopeless

Was rampant in my last workplace seemed to be a big thing at the Xmas party. If anyone thinks it's just married men at it also they are deluded, women are just better at hiding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well many women flirting with me.. but literally have zero interest as I love my wife...

But my work colleagues are happy to bring these random women back to to their rooms... despite the relationship status..

Remember during my student days this was common , but didn't expect this from people in their early 30's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

You’re currently on a night out and you start a thread on boards to bitch about two people going off cheating on their partners? What you’re at is probably a bigger crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Put the phone away, enjoy your night out if that's what you are doing (which I doubt, who starts boards threads on a night out) and don't be worried about what other people do and who they do it with

My point is mainly that these lads were so willings to cheat

Drink and a couple of lines can be quite persuasive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I don't possess the skills myself to persuade women to drop their knickers having just met me but if I did

I would take every bit of tail that was offered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's easy treat them badly. Just say do you want a drink. Order two drinks and say that's 15 euro(make her pay). And throw small digs at her from time to time. She will eventually say lets leave stop by a chipper and order a bunch of food ask her what she wants. She'll probably say she has no money say to server she's not eating and enjoy the mad sex you will be having back at her place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Blud

I was in Spain once, took a pedalo out, went to Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Cheaters = scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It never ceases to amaze me how some people cannot stay out of others business and need to comment on everything. Jealous, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Where were you that there was pulling going on?! We’re not allowed to mix with other people in the pub!

You don't need to be jealous to comment on other people!

you can think whatever you like about others behaviour. Perfectly normal

Why would anyone care if someone else cheats? If it doesn’t affect them than what’s the point even wasting energy on it? Unless you think you are holier than holy (not you, in general) then why feel the need to comment on what other people do with their lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I really lost respect for you when you used to word "Randos"

No one is wasting energy, but anyone can have an opinion on others.

If you like someone or not depends on what you think of their behaviour.

And you don’t even realise the irony in your response. Your evaluation of someone’s behaviour is solely dependent on your own set of values, not on theirs. It says a lot if someone is unable to accept others for their different opinions or choices.

no irony, of course everyone judges others on their own set of morals/values.

No one said anything about not accepting anyone, you can have anyone you want in your circle, and have all the opinions you want yourself on them

That's just normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

For a moment there I thought you said 2 people left to have sex in Nando's. 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭sporina

IMO the OP is considering getting it on with someone.. other than his OH - don't believe he was where he said he was etc at all.. sorry OP - but I smell a rat

Post edited by sporina on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The use of 'cheating' was enough to put me off actually. To me that's Home and Away or Hello Magazine lingo. Can't we use grown-up terminology like 'having an affair' or 'being unfaithful'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,560 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This is probably a bollocks thread, but on a serious note it's a really low down thing to do on someone. I consider such a thing to be the worst type of betrayal in a relationship and not to mention weak. It's a particular type of cunt that does it too. Nasty and self centred. And they show their true selves when they get caught.

Personally speaking, I could never do that to my wife and we have our ups and downs like any couple. But I just wouldn't lower myself to hurt her in such a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,446 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dude Ireland in the last 12 years has abandoned all morals and values. Nothing is off the table, no one values their relationships or marriages, if sex is on the menu and openly available then all men with order it.

Virtually any guy on here who admits to being married or in a 'committed relationship will endorse this sentiment, even if they're not as holy as thou about it. But by the law of averages many of them wouldn't be telling the truth...

You are right, the OP is perfectly balanced and not dramatic at all, while allegedly starting a thread during a night out.

for what it’s worth: There are millions of reasons why people cheat. Of course it’s easier to condemn this collectively and feel good about yourself for a second. Monogamy is one of these bizarre human constructs that imo contradict the nature of mankind.

• Advertisement

who cares what reasons people make up to justify their cheating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Always found the concept of cheating to be absolutely terrible. I've been poly for half my life, then mono for the last half, so i've no difficulty with knowing that we as people often like to sleep with several people. It's all just desire/pleasure driven, and mostly for ego. Very little bad effects happen if you don't sleep with multiple people. I don't care if people do sleep with others once its honest.

I think its one of the worst things that a person could ever do in a relationship. The lies, the betrayal, the feeling you give the other person of undermining the most important relationship in their life. Its never happened to me, and i reckon it would destroy my confidence and trust if it did. I find it gross and weak. I'm attracted to many many people all the time... but i choose to be in a relationship. Why? because it adds enormous value to my life. I think most of the time, its weak/unhealthy people who failed to both create good value in their relationships and failed to recognize the value of their relationship. It's a pretty great trade to give up the short term pleasure with sex with many, for the value you get in a committed healthy relationship. The honesty, the courage, the growth that comes with being honest in your relationships. Working together to show your needs and trusting your partner to help you meet them is a very valuable, scary and lovely experience. Sex is a relationship can be so great and so ever changing. Constantly exploring your fantasy's with someone you love to bang.

There are some situations where I think i find cheating pretty expected and don't have much issue with it. Sexless relationships where someone has been getting rejected endlessly... Emotionally void relationships where a person is being ignored for various reasons (abuse, depression etc), or in the event of impossibility to get intimacy because of physical issues like paralysis or coma etc.

Yeah, that’s what leads to be people being totally taken aback when they find out they were cheated on. Enjoy living in your bubble while it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,544 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Even worse they said "rando's" and i'm think whats a rando and what possession are they referring to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Scummy thing to do, also avoid them socially in the future, when the next game of golf or whatever is being organised Sutley drop them without making a fuss. It's telling who hangs around with who.

My husband sums it up well, they think they are the big I am, little insight into themselves combined, with self-esteem issues

Of course it does. You are viewing certain actions without context. How many people tell themselves that they are in a great and fulfilling relationship and ignore that certain needs aren’t met. Other posters provided examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I find it more odd that guys want to get married in their early 30s. These days late 30s early 40s is plenty of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Most of the lads I know that would never do it and are totally trustworthy have wives that are over everyone when they are out

I wonder why guys who want to keep playing the field get married at all. Just guaranteeing their lives will be messy and complicated.

Okay I know many/most start out with the best of intentions but I'm sure some of them must be thinking "I'll do the husband & father thing but I'll also get my bit on the side."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

That is worse in a way...I did it because I have no willpower... It's like when Homer in the Simpsons says to Marge id never have done it if I knew you were going to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Notmything

Watching women on live cams is not them flirting with you op.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭blue note

Lots of people are absolute in their opinions here. I'd try not to assume when I see someone doing that. If you know the person well you're probably in a position to say something. If not you don't know what's leading to it. There's a good chance it's just a disregard for their partner, but you don't know.

We all know someone that was treated really badly in a relationship and then one day went off with someone else. And we all said good for her / him. They might have been cheated on multiple times, they might have been kept on a leash, the partner might just be mean to them. But going off with someone else might very well be the catalyst that starts the process of them breaking free. It would be great if they'd been able to break free without doing that, but maybe they didn't and this could be ultimately a good thing.

I did it many years ago and it really did open my eyes and give me some confidence to break up with my girlfriend. Which was in both of our interests. Without going into too much detail it was a very bad relationship. As a result I don't even feel guilty about it, I'm just glad it happened. I'm with my now wife almost 7 years and have never considered cheating. Because circumstances are just completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,479 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,479 ✭✭✭pgj2015

rich footballers or actors etc getting married is crazy. They could be out there playing the field, why settle down?, especially when they are only in their 20's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement