Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 - Transfers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tomiyasu in for Shaw, hoping to raise funds to expand my midfield somewhere.

Shaw has been an expensive flop so far anyway, with a penchant for yellow cards, and United haven't been keeping clean-sheets even with Maguire-Varane available. Arsenal have winnable games in three of their next five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jota expected to be fit for the Watford game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Im looking at Lukaku & Greenwood to KdB & Werner!! Am I crazy?

Timo has been looking good pre & over the IB. He’s a confidence player.

it’s a -4… Big Rom prob won’t play either

Tempted!!

Why won't Lukaku play? Because he sat out a 3rd place play off?

Bit of this but more so Werner holding his spot.

Could they equal over next 5 games?

The other side of this is that I get KdB over Greenwood who should return more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm returning from this International Break a bit weary. Looking at 4 yellows at the moment. I'll wait until Friday or Saturday to pull the trigger on anything but contemplating -

Amartey(dropped)/Sanchez(yellow) --> Cancelo

Jota(yellow and Firminho returning) --> Foden for a -4

Replacing 2 doubtful players with 2 city. What could go wrong? Well I know what but will it go wrong? I think Foden is a little overpriced and wish he was around Gundogs, Silva or Torres' value. So definitely need to think more on it. Probably need a banker of a starter if going for a -4 so maybe not a City midfielder this week.

Yeah it's possible that Werner does pick up some points over the next 5 GWs.

He seems to be a confidence player, and has had all confidence drained out of him in a blue jersey the last couple seasons. I don't think Lampard used him correctly at all, unsurprisingly and Tuchel didn't really use him correctly last season either. Werner seems to be playing better off of Lukaku, as opposed to being the central man, and having space to run into. He was dangerous against Man City, in a game where Chelsea were extremely defensive too. But he is an option to have going forward for sure.

But Hansi Flick seems to have him firing in German colours, and he is returning to Chelsea in fine form, scoring a couple in the international break. Flick seems to have kickstarted his season really when you look at his games this season. He wasn't getting a look-in in the Chelsea side, until after the first International break where he scored 3 in 3. Then suddenly he starts to play games for Chelsea and is involved in their goals.

Whether he will outscore Lukaku, I'm not sure. If I was not on Wildcard, and stuck for the extra 3 million, it is definitely an option. And as I write this, I suddenly want to invest in Werner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id definitely deal with Greenwood anyway, he got an assist in the second game Ronaldo played but blanked for me since then so he is gone. His productivity was predicted to go down with the presence of Ronaldo and thats exactly what seems to have happened, if anything Im annoyed I didnt listen to the obvious and sell him three games before I did. He also becomes a rotation risk with CL on next week.

I can see the logic of Werner in that Lukaku appears to be dragging defenders out of position to make space for him but personally couldnt go there having been burnt with him last season.

KdB an option but CL starting up again next week would put me off for now. City have an easy enough run of games which would make KdB a prime candidate to be rested and then played in the CL.

Ive got Son in my WC team at the moment, even though he has a few tough fixtures coming up hes the type of player who just keeps returning. Spurs fixtures get easier in GW12 so I can see a massive lurch by everyone to get him in then which could be tricky as he is at that awkward price of 10m

Very convincing and only 2% have KdB

The upside here is huge!!

• Advertisement

Was going to bank but now I'm here thinking of Lukaku -> Werner.

Might give this some serious thinking & planning tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

To bring in Foden or KdB for this week, which is the safer transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jesus won't play this week either, along with the Torres injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

You don’t think it’s a possibility he’s on the bench with CL upcoming?

• Advertisement

Torres out for a while with an injury lessens the city rotation risk a little.

On my 4 yellows. The latest: Rudiger confirmed as out. Lukaku available to play. Jota no longer yellow but still worried about Firminho starting. And Sanchez is currently mid-air flying back from Colombia. I think he's supposed to isolate for 10 days though but really note sure. Still think it's got to be Jota for the transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Rudiger out. Alonso probably won't start. Need to ship one of them. Might do Alonso to Cancelo and hold Rudiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What Sanchez is this, the Brghton GK? I thought he plays for Spain?

edit I see you mean the Spurs Sanchez who plays for Colombia, my heart sunk for a moment there 😂

I think Firmino will start ahead of Jota myself. There's the returning from injury side, but also Firmino never went on International Duty, so should be fresh and ready to go. He is also trying to win back his starting spot, so maximum effort required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Rudiger sized spanner in the works, cant afford the Alonso switch, 0.1m out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No Rudiger is a pain. Already have Azpi.

Would love Cancelo or Dias but can't afford without a -4

Reluctant to get Walker or Laporte, anyone else in same boat?

Rudiger to Walker/Laporte - no hit

Rudiger & Marcal to Cancelo & Amartey/Manquillo - -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Torres out leaves me looking for a £7.3m replacement.

Already have Raphina, all the others look like punts:

• Bernardo or Gundog to stay on the City fixtures (BUR, bha, CRY), but rotation is a b1tch.
    • Mbeumo playing OOP up top, 2 goals in the last 3 and decent fixtures after this week (CHE, LEI, bur, NOR, new). Toney is the one to own here tho isn't he.
    • Sarr and Benrahma look like stinker fixtures
    • Would it be crazy to doubling up on Everton midfielders. Already have Gray, one of Doucoure/Townsend for next 3 of.... WHU, WAT, wol

Might just hold and use the 2FT's to upgrade properly next week

I would think that for now (~3 GWs), Walker is fairly nailed, along with Cancelo. Zinchenko is only coming back from injury so probably not up to speed yet. He may see some game time in the CL & League Cup to get back into the side. Mendy is gone, so there is only really the 3 options for the 2 full back spots. At the moment, with only Cancelo on the left, it leaves only Walker for the right.

Pep did mention today how Stones should be starting games but he hasn't been because of the form of Laporte and Dias will nearly always start. So that would put me off of Laporte as there is a bit of doubt there now, along with the possibility of Ake playing games.

I've done Amartey to Duffy due to risk of me only having 2 defenders this GW. (Shaw and Tomiyasu with Sanchez yellow).

Could afford Dias or Cancelo but had I bought either of them the fear of Pep rotating just put me off. P*ssed off with Pep even though I hold no City players 😁

I've benched Shaw now anyway who will come in if Sanchez doesn't start for Spurs. The £3m in the bank will stay burning a hole in my pocket for another week yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cheers Fitz,

Not confident on Walker as Cancelo really has the higher points ceiling but not sure I've much choice. Will prob pull trigger on that.

If you can't get a 7, a 6 is still better than a 2 or 0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Took a punt on Foden for this 3 game block. I’ve sold Greenwood as I think Foden out scores him plus it’s Rashford I really want once he gets a game or two under him.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was thinking of banking transfer this week and doing Rudiger to James next week as part of a hit (to find son and Jimenez) but not sure if I should just do Rudiger and James this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Was going to WC but think I'll wait to next week

So a one week punt

Trent the boring option

Mahrez the gamble

Apparently Son has COVID. And Bryan Gil. I'm trying to find official reports that it is them 2 that are the 2 Spurs players that tested positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭skippy15

Mahrez did score a hat trick in that fixture last year, and with torress and Jesus I'm available seem quite likely he will play, still I'd rather Trent or Foden myself but got both of them in for long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Agree with all of that. Will probably wait to see any Liverpool rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Did the fantasy football scout make a change to their site today? Was able to access the predicted lineups etc. earlier today. Members only now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I can access it now. It had been free all along except last week became members only. Seems to be back to being free now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

When are we likely to hear leaked Liverpool line up if there is one available?

Also, people with Raphinha, are you starting him in your line up or benching? I think I'm going to bench and start Livramento because I don't think Raph will start but could possibly come on so I'd rather a full game from Livra.

Advertisement