Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭endainoz

Scrolling through Instagram and thought this was something but it's s competition to get to play at the picnic. Best of luck to them anyway, saw Rachel Grace before, a great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

There’s a joke in there somewhere about having to do a competition to fill up the line up but I just don’t have it in me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

It's a teaser, if you take the first name of acts on left you get an announcement, I put it through my Enigma machine and got this.

Donal- Dinnen DJ set

Lisa Hannigan

Calvin Harris

Kevin Sheilds and Friends

Gemma Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,243 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm not going this year, and even I'm getting annoyed at their shenanigans!

It seems to get later and later each year.

EP has a shed load of goodwill with people and I believe they are doing their best to lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭rubick

Listen lads we have to Respect the Marketing hahaha sorry I can't even say it without laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Aren't we the crew that regularly refer to the whingeing on EP's Facebook page? Hopefully they're not glancing over here this week. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭glennponder

Maybe (probably) the 2nd announcement is really sh×t and they figured its better to have people giving out about the non announcements for a longer period of time than it is having people giving about the announced said sh×t acts for a shorter period of time....u get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I'm just going to stay blindly optimistic. that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭rubick

The old Righteous Indignation market, very smart 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

maybe everyone should ask for their money back, all at once of course, it would be interesting to see how they would react.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Good few tickets on toutless already. The place will be flooded with them in 2 weeks, as is always the case, and more so this year with the added capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I was just about to say I don't know if it's the increased capacity or what but I don't think I have ever seen so many tickets floating around this close to the picnic

I'd say it's the savvy ones getting shot of theirs before the usual glut of tickets drives the price down in a few weeks.

People bought tickets 3 years ago for this so their circumstances / tastes may well have changed.

The increased capacity will have an affect too.

I doubt that FR not giving 2 sh1ts about their paying customers would have such an effect on someone that they'd say fvck this, i'm selling. Especially this close to the festival, unless the next main announcement is rubbish of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dav09

Definitely never seen so many tickets floating around on twitter, ticketmaster, toutless, etc at this time of year. I would say it's a mixture of cancellation of some A-list headliners, the lineup being overall poor and no 2nd or 3rd announcement less than 4 weeks to the event. Realistically there's 2 maybe 3 headliners that would headline any festival elsewhere in Europe, adding one or two more won't do much unless they've someone really spectacular on it or if they add a few more really decent tier 2 or 3 announcements like they few there are. Here's hoping they'll get it right but it's crazy they've waited this long given how meh the original announcement was and given the 3 year wait, not a good sign for the future imo but increased capacity may be a part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Watch them announce Radiohead and shut everyone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Do you remember when we said we didn't care if it was Gavin James, we'd just be so happy to be back?

Well some of us did.

OK, it was me.

I don't want it to be Gavin James.

You've made your bed..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,243 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

*goes to google some names of Gavin James songs so as to make a pun*

"eh.. hang on. I don't want that appearing on my search history!"

*abandons idea*

• Advertisement

Anyone know what the big news was on Today FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭glennponder

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Navan Man01

Looks like Layne & his goddamn bird were on to something! 🤔

That birdie whistling any more tunes Layne?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So how come we don't know the names of the second announcement yet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

not sure if this was up before but on the Pixies official site...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,290 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That's just a load of names from the 2020 line up that never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭LowOdour

This was raised last week i think, but seems to be the 2020 line up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭endainoz

A random question on behalf of someone else folks: to anyone who has brought a baby to pink moon before, does the baby need a wristband? Friend is going with her baby and two others. Staying in a 4 man in pink moon. 3 adults and one baby, but another mate who's not staying in pink moon was wondering if he could use their 4th wristband to hang around with all of us during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

Are those not on the prohibited items list?

They should be. I'd have to question the logic of bringing a baby to a festival. For many obvious reasons.

(sorry I'm no help with the actual question)

Advertisement