Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be the practical advantages of changing your gender?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Smaller shoes would be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I can think of quite a few advantages of being a woman in the Western world tbh:

1. Statistically you'd be safer walking down the street
    2. You'd have a longer life expectancy
    3. You'd be less likely to be drummed into the military during times of war
    4. You'd be far more likely to have received a good education
    5. It's far easier for a woman to find a man to support their lifestyle than vice versa (Whether fully as a "housewife" or simply subsidising it through paying for meals out, drinks, holidays etc.)
    6. It's more socially acceptable for women to chase interesting but financially unrewarding work, not only due to the above but parents seem to be more accepting of their daughters "wasting" their time in colleges studying subjects that interest them but which have limited or no employment prospects.
    7. Greater availability of sex / being in the default position of "selector" in the dating market
    8. Ability to be paid just for having sex / taking your clothes off
    9. Depending on jurisdiction, Divorce is likely to set you up for life
    10. Higher spending on healthcare and research spending on womens' diseases should help ensure not only a longer life but also a healthier one
    11. Automatic advantage in any custody battle

I'm sure I could list some for the other way but no doubt there'll be a longer list posted in response to mine shortly...

Women to man change.. never have to queue for public toilets ever again. I don't know how women handle it

Advertisement