Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Nations Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I'm sure these decisions sit with the broadcaster really, Eurosport in this case.

When they double up and show the afternoon on Quest, that might sway them into putting on the main match in the afternoon, like Ronnie vs Yan, as they might ironically get a bigger audience by the time Quest is added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I don't understand what they're doing with Mark this week. He was complaining a bit when they put his L32 match on in the afternoon instead of the evening. Then his L16 match is played at 10am, not even tv broadcast while his L16 is shunted to the outside table. And now he plays top seed and it's first up, like the warm up act. I can envisage him having a moan about this and he'll be well entitled imo. Bizarre and nonsensical scheduling.

Jimmy and Angles both make Allen favourite .... It's true Trump aint been firing... Looking forward to seeing 'the pistol' ... Haven't seen him at all this week.. If he was on live on the main channel, I wasn't watching that day.

Not sure how there can be a great atmosphere at the venue, when the fans are only on one side.. Think Ronnie likened it to being in an interview, or something like that.

Edit - looking at it there just now, it looks as if there's a crowd on at least 2 sides.. 😊 Gwan Mark!

Like playing down the club.

Even if you are heading back up to World number 1

• Advertisement

Nice little 'rubber the green' landing behind the green there 😋 And Trump's had a bit of luck too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wonder why Mark didn’t take on the red to the right middle before Judd got in...

Trump has upped his level today but just far too slack from Allen. Really needs this frame, 0-4 would be the end to all intents and purposes.

??????? Very strange... Frameball missed,.. Could/should have gone for the easier red..

Great Green at pace. A little too good

• Advertisement

Great finish. Just top class. Keeps match alive for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Snooker really is dying a death.

Snooker used to be a young mans game. Claims about eyesight getting worse as you got older. The way things are going Higgins and co. will still be playing and winning well into their 50s.

Young kids just don't have the option of going to a snooker hall nowadays and even if they did they wouldn't be spending 7 or 8 hours inside playing snooker when they could be out playing football or rugby like their friends.

Go on Jim 😁 Great pink!!

He's back with a chance, after developing everything there, is Mark!

Another excellent clearance, fair play to Allen, great character here.

Great brown and blue from Mark last frame.... About the first good rest shot Mark has played all match, on the blue - Trump rattled..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Strange choice of shot, surely the lower red nearest the cushion was easier and Mark was on the black too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Wasn’t great when Allen ran into the green off the blue and snookered himself on the yellow, awful shot.

Tbf that wouldn't be near to challenging for a spot in "Mark Allen's 10 worst shots in the QF" 😊

One thing I’m only just after noticing on that subject is the lack of young people in the crowd. The majority of the audience look 40+ as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement

Wasn't a surprise to me Joe! Like a lot of the players (and Higgins too) this week, plenty of easier pots than that brown have been missed. Mon Dave

Cameraman deserves to get a P 45 for this shambolic performance 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Allen is carrying some amount of weight. He'll be as big as Stephen Lee soon. From the shoulders up he looks grand but he's a big man around the middle area

WD John... Deserved to win after getting the most rub of the green in the last 3-4 frames; not least when he missed that last green, and left Dave an evil cut from the cushion... Am rooting for Ricky in the next match...

Higgins very hard on himself after that, didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as he was making out. Some decent matchplay exchanges throughout that match, albeit a few misses but that's par for the course. Should be another good encounter with Yan, think I'll have to go with Yan, no fear of playing these top guys, think he wins it out from here.

Balls are spread lovely for a master positional player like Allen here.... Great chance to pull a frame ahead..

Ricky?!? That blue!

Might get livelier on here tonight.. Although I think 3 or 4 posters are up in Belfast 😊 Good to see Allen make the final...

It was a good match, Allen won the most important Frame 6, for 4-2. I think losing that 50 min frame knocked the stuffing out of Walden.

• Advertisement

Saturday afternoon is possibly the worst time of the week for a snooker match.... Only saw bits and pieces of it myself..

Advertisement