Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licorice Pizza (Paul Thomas Anderson)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭delboy85

I finally got to see this today. Had been looking forward to seeing it for some time. I love some of PTA's previous films.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I wasn't expecting the plot to be quite so episodic. And I found the two lead characters to be borderline annoying.

Definitely couldn't sit through it again and I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I watch about half this some time ago. I just didn't get it at all. Like a previous poster said, I found the whole thing annoying. I know it generally got good reviews, so I felt I must be missing something about it, some underlying theme that didn't land with me. But I don't think I'll ever go back to it again to finish it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's adjacent to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood IMO, for being a "hangout" movie; where the authors were passionate to recreate an imagined or wistful version of California. It had something of a mood about it rather than an actual story. Wasn't that fond of it myself and couldn't get past the discomfort of the main romance - but I could see what was being attempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Watched this last night. Didn't get it at all. My time would've been better spent just rewatching Dazed and Confused again.

Advertisement