Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool- Friday 6th May 2022 3Arena Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ah lads all this bs with the tickets leaves a fair sour taste in the mouth. My bro in law got stung and paid wayyyyy over the odds for this. He was almost in tears over it last night. So angry.

Is TOOL behind this or who?

Some bunch of tools if it is Maynard and co pushing this ticket pricing situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

i was fair peed off over the crazy prices they charged for the fear innoculum cd as well.

hmmmm there’s a pattern there over how they are treating their fans and it ain’t pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭flasher0030

You'd get one on toutless now for €50, if you change your mind.

Cost more for parking and tolls :P

I'm not too arsed tbh at this stage. Saw them in 06 which was a couple of years later than I'd like. Not arsed now hurrying to finish work, run the dog around, tidy, shave, shower etc. to drop 100 quid to listen to mostly songs I've no interest in (slight exaggeration but the last album can **** off) and between the guys seeming like complete tools the more I hear about them and the ticket fuckery, nah, feck that.

For those going though, enjoy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any stage times ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haven't seen anything official, think Tool is 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dr_funkenstein

Free ticket going, PM me

Amazing show so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that was **** incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭SimpleDimple

holy f*cking sh1t that was good!

My whole chest was vibrating for the whole gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Epic show,my ears are ringing crazy and will be for a few days,visuals were sensational,was a bit unreal the way Maynard was saying he had food poisoning earlier,didn’t stop him belting into mic mind you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Highlight of the night: The Grudge. Just wow.

Surprise of the night: Culling Voices. Sounded great.

Great show.

Low point of the night: 3 or 4 lads with midland accents in the row behind who talked & shouted through every song the whole night. Lads, if by any chance you read this; you're a bunch of selfish, inconsiderate @rseholes.

Wow that was amazing and so much better than I thought it would. Looking at the setlist I thought it be a little dragged out with long instrumentals etc but time flew bye. The visuals were amazing and was so odd not having the site those mini lights from phones and been able to see people in the crowd headbanging enjoying every moment of the gig

Disappointed no 'right in two' but loved hearing the other tracks esp 'The Grudge', 'The Pot' and 'The Patient' which are such amazing songs. The talent in the band Is crazy. 'Sober' wow what a tune and from the new album really impressed with 'Desceding'

Only downside was the price of the merch but what can ya do. Really enjoyable experience and I'd think strongly of seeing them live again if they do ever play here again

Anyone actually understand what all the imagery is about. Looks unreal but have no idea wtf is about

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

only slight issue I had with the gig, was up until Sober ,the sound from Maynards mic seemed to bleed/echo from the speakers where I was sitting ,section G ,a few rows from the front. But the balance from his mic was sorted when Sober was played.Overall a fantastic gig and hopefully my ears will return to normal service soon 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Were you in block D by any chance?

Was only half interested in going to the gig, I always loved them but wasn't particularly bothered with the hassle of driving up. But I was blown away and glad I went, Hooker with a Penis and Pushit were incredible. Telling everyone to stand up made a big difference, was so strange having that kind of energy coming your way and having to sit down for fear of blocking someone's view.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭KerryM9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

No Block E

Helpful checklist:

During a Tool concert do you enjoy talking non-stop about:

a) how great Tool are

b) your mates drinking habits

c) the GAA championship

and

d) have a midlands accent

If so, you may be a twat.

Had to bite my tongue during most of the show because if I told them to STFU like I wanted to, and it got heated, I'd be the one that got thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,216 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What a great show, well worth the price. Wasnt a fan of CCT or Culling Voices, but not like it was a surprise they were coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

On my old age I’ve taken to telling such people to “shut the **** up “ and it always works, one entire back row in tallaght cinema didn’t know what to do for the rest of the movie 😂

on my side of tool there was nothing but brotherly tool love 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sammyo

What an incredible show, I'm still buzzing from it. I was absolutely blown away, goosebumps all over.

I know we were allowed to take videos and most of the crowd did a great job of not doing that, but I saw a few people sneak out phones here and there. Would anyone be willing to share videos with me?

It was such an amazing show, I don't want to have to rely on my memory only to be able to relive it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If you'd told them to STFU, that might've been the end of it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Some sneaky pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I was in D and there was talking everywhere. Especially during quiet instrumental sections, people were chatting away about all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I had 2 young ones behind me in hysterics every time Maynard moved. Like he was a cripple and they were amazed by his sudden momentum.

Another highlight was “if they play such and such I will **** my pants” in their fake American accents.

I sound like an old coot.

The Pot was class to hear live. Deadly gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ah sure you were on boards during the gig and taking "sneaky pics". 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Really glad to have traveled up for this yesterday. Great gig. Was also in D but lucky enough to have no talk going on at any stage. Saw one young lad removed at very start of gig but no idea why.

Also love the no camera thing. Not something I've ever understood how people watch gigs through phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 youngbird

Glad to hear it was a good gig. Couldn't go myself. From the videos online the stageshow looks great!

Out of curiosity, for those that were there, did it look like it was sold out/on the verge of being sold out (limited availability) as was being stated on the TM website/app?

Advertisement