Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV - Implications for Home Insurance

Options
  • 27-09-2021 9:24am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before. I tried searching, but the new Boards search is abysmal.

For those that have gotten Solar PV installed on your house, what have you done regarding your home insurance?

Did you inform your insurance company? If so, immediately, or just at next renewal?

Did they apply any additional loading? If so, how much?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

It probably depends on your contract but I didn't bother to tell them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'll give them a shout to see what the additional loading is.

If they were damaged in a storm, I'd obviously want them fixed/replaced. Similarly, if a panel was to become dislodged and damage a neighbor's property, I'd also want that covered. Based on the replies, it doesn't seem like a commonly done thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

I notice that panels are included in my house policy under the buildings cover;

Advertisement