Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rumour & Speculation Thread (BYO Salt)

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭recyclops

Probably be out before Silent Hill 2 remake

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wonder if they'll keep going with first-person for RE9, and keep a likely RE5 Remake for third person (and maybe follow it up with Code Veronica or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There was pretty strong talk of it going fully open world at some point in the future (which I'd be against). I wonder if that's RE9 or pencilled in for a later title.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I still find it rather odd that the end of Resi 8 cued up a final chapter in the 'trilogy' with

Ethan's daughter

And then they seem to have just ended the whole thing with some DLC? At least according to the producers.

Of course, I'm a big fan of how Resi has reinvented itself multiple times, so all in for a big swing with the next game. But it still struck me as an odd way to wrap up what was going on there, given the big, teasing wrap-up of Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reading that 9 is the most ambitious title yet could very well be open world. Like Penn said, i really wonder whether they'll go back to 3rd person. Resi 5 and 6 really aren't worth remaking , well definitely not 6. I wonder could we get a re-re-make of 1?

Anyway, someone suggested the playstation showcase this month is the place most likely to see the reveal. I can't wait to see what they have in store anyway but i can't decide whether I'd like 1st or 3rd person game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭recyclops

ah if they go open world I will be seriously disappointed, even if it has main hubs areas that can ruin a good linear story.

Hard to be excited about this one given the recent closures, but rumours of a new Doom title/DLC are gathering pace. Tom Warren posted this earlier;

Then someone found a newly registered trademark which also suggests something Doomy.

A reputable dataminer of Rockstar games has found evidence of RDR1 coming to PC. If true, it only took what… 14 years? Still, given the state of recent R* ports and "remasters" I won't get too excited just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

How much are buckets of salt on Amazon these days, cos I might need one after that rumour! :D

Unless they actually re-built it! Wasn't the code considered too FUBAR'd to use?

What's the point? The PS4/5 version was just a port of the original with 60fps, maybe slightly upscaled. Surely most PCs can do that with the original game anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Because there's no way to do that unless you mean Xbox 360 or PS3 emulation which I can tell you is far from perfect and a complete pain in the ass to set up.

Ah, I assumed there was an existing PC version of it already. Didn't know it never got a PC release.

This guy reckons he has info on Valve's next game, Deadlock (formally known as Neon Prime). And if true, I have absolutely zero interest in it. Sad times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was wondering why you would have no interest in it until i got to the fourth sentence of that post and my interest instantly glazed over.

It's a shame the TW series has gone to shite, otherwise I'd love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very interesting rumours about RE 1 ReRemake, sounds great except for the bullet sponges. Re 2 already had bullet sponge zombies, just make it so there's a lot less ammo around but i see what they're trying to do if it's true, make each encounter more of an event instead of running and gunning.

Advertisement