Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was told refurbished or as Amazon say used like new

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

That looked far from 'used like new'. I know there can be faults in any equipment but as I wrote before, I would be asking SoH and number of cycles for theses units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

The way that company has behaved i would demanding that both batteries be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

I would get in another company to assess the whole installation. then demand that they (the installers) bring it up to that standard; you don't need to tell them where you got your quality criteria, none of their business.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

How did it all work out? Well I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Still waiting for the replacement battery

• Registered Users Posts: 64,943 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bad idea to have one old and one new battery. They won't be a match as they will have different capacity / internal resistance / SoH, etc. Both should be replaced really.

Do you know how old the working battery is.

It should have a date stamp on the data plate. You may have to move it away from the wall to see it.

The way your installers have treated you I wouldn't believe a word from them.

A new battery (1 single 5.2kwh battery replacing 2 x 2.5kwh batteries) is been installed now

• Advertisement
Advertisement