Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 7 Transfers

• 26-09-2021 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭

Going to take a -8 this week to take advantage of the Chelsea fixture swing

Out: TAA, Shaw, Jota, Bamford

In: Alonso, White, Raphina, Lukaku

Liverpool fixtures coming up aren’t pleasant so I’m okay to lose them for a few weeks to finance the Chelsea lads. Shaw hasn’t been great and now the injury worry. Bamford always was a short term thing.

Alonso and Lukaku are the point of this, superb run coming up and probably get the armband most weeks in the next month. I watched Leeds yesterday, Raphina looks excellent. White May become a Brentford defender, but they look more solid with Partey, Tomiatsu and the new keeper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Saar in maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

2 FT this week

Looking at Sanchez, Shaw out. Mendy, Rudiger in.

Double Chelsea defence (already have Lukaku) with their fixture swing.

Season has been a slog so far, 2 good GW's to start followed by 4 bad. WC last week hasn't done much to stop the rot but down to 500k.

Long way to go yet but slightly demoralising.

Mendy and Rudiger should be the correct picks....right...?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I assume your picking Mendy because you think he's rotation proof, but his ceiling is capped, as oppose to say Alonso - who is also cheaper - i'm sure you could use the extra 0.5m somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Exactly this. I had Chelsea defense last season when Tuchel came in and think I got burned with Chilwell each week, even had Rudiger but seemed to fall on the wrong side of Tuchel rotation all the time. Swore I wouldn't get them again but too risky.

I could keep Sanchez but move TAA/Shaw on for Alonso, Rudiger. Should at least get 1/2 each GW.

Yea i think having a decent playing defender on the bench will be the best play in case one of them doesn't play - be that Coady or White or even Livermaento/Williams. There are plenty of cheap playing defenders with decent fixtures that you can pick as cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭touts

James out for Rudiger. Torres out for Sarr.

They have been two of the worse wild card decisions I ever made. Got 1 point from them in the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

2fts considering Antonio for Ronaldo and then a Chelsea defender for Marcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

May go Ronaldo to Lukaku for the next 5 GWs, will decide later in the week though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Shaw and/or Torres out....would require a hit to dump both though so one will get a stay of execution.

Could wildcard yet even to sort out a few other issues....Ron out for Rom for example

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Will get rid of ronaldo too much dough wrapped up in him with small rewards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This weeks transfer couldnt be easier when the player makes the decision for you so Im doing Shaw to Rudiger. Am keeping an eye on the prices too as there is a mass exodus off Shaw happening at the moment but Im hoping to get through the Palace Brighton game injury free before doing the transfer.

Next weeks transfer likely to be Ron to Rom and then the week after likely for Alonso. I want to wait till after the Southampton game before doing it as if Chilwell is going to get re-integrated then the Southampton fixture would be perfect for Tuchel to play him in and give Alonso a rest. The CL line ups will tell us a lot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Ronaldo out Lukaku in. United didn't create one chance for Ronaldo yesterday . They can't be trusted and as a United fan the sooner that clown of a manager and coaching staff are gone the better

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im doing the same but a week later. I think Ronaldo is worth keeping for that fixture at home to Everton. I could change my mind though if they have another bad performance against Villareal during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Torrres out for ESR

Ings out for Lukaku.

-4 and 0 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Going to probably go Ronaldo out this week as well. Fixtures for a while are not very easy and Manchester United did seem to create very little against Aston Villa. Had intended to downgrade Greenwood but thinking downgrading Ronaldo might work out better and Vardy seems to be doing well and would free up a fair chunk of cash to upgrade elsewhere. Already have Lukaku and maybe the three premium player route is just too costly and leaving the rest of my team underfunded.

United's xG against Aston Villa was like 1.9, whereas Villa was 1.5, so they were unlucky not to win based purely on stats. I don't really look at stats and more think United had an off day, just like the fact that Lukaka hasn't scored in last two games, and hardly had a shot - isn't stopping folk brining him in, in their droves.

I reckon both Ronaldo and Lukaka will end the season on similar goals. Everton have conceded 7 goals in 6 games, and haven't really played a team that you would consider to be top 10, so with United looking to bounce back at home, I wouldn't be too comfortable that Ronaldo will blank, equally Southampton have gotten results against big teams this season, so is Lukaku going to be banging them in? maybe but stats would probably say no?

Not really sure how the rest of your team would be underfunded either, given so few midfield players are performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That's XG 1.9, which includes a penalty (XG 0.75 generally speaking) so it's 1.2 really.

I have gone without Bruno/Ronaldo up until now. I had Greenwood which tided me over. I sold him this week and didn't regret it. I only saw MOTD but they only showed Ronaldo once in the highlights and that was just to show him kicking the ball off of the shins of a Villa defender from outside the box. By the sounds of things, he wasn't really involved in the game too much.

Now at the same time, Lukaku was not in the game either but Chelsea set up very defensively against Man City but they will do that in the big games. You would expect them to try and flat track bully their way through the next 7, and Lukaku will be a big part of that. He is their primary source of goals.

I've gone with Lukaku on WC and I'm happier tbh, given their prices and fixtures. Ronaldo is not going to play Newcastle every week. He'll get plenty of goals but over the next 7 GWs, I reckon Lukaku scores more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’ve 2 FT’s & have jumped to 14k OR however I have a few leaks to plug.

Sa

Trent Christensen Tierney (Duffy, Tino)

Salah Jota Greenwodd Sarr (McArthur)

Antonio Lukaku Bamford.

I have the Bamford injury, an out of sorts Greenwood, Jota who will most likely lose his place & then a want for Double Chelsea defence going forward.

Ive 2 FT’s and 0.6m ITB. Do I make 3 subs for a hit or just go with the 2?

Looking at Liverpools fixtures I’d be happy enough to jump off Trent & Jota. Is Bamford a priority or how Is his injury? Greenwood needs replacing - clearly been impacted by CR7 on the field.

Alonso, Gallagher, Doucoure.. players I’m looking at. The issue with Bamford is I’ve no burning desire to bring in another attacker.

Whicg teams should be aiming for (except Chelsea)?

I didn't see the Chelsea game, but did Chelsea actually set up defensively, or is that how the game panned out - playing both Lukaku and Werner together is quite offensive, likewise was starting off with James. It was probably the most attack minded team he has put out this season with two up top. So I dunno really - from what I've watched of Chelsea, Lukaku is either on fire or very quiet.

On paper United next 4 games might look tough or be red, but they are playing teams leaking goals - you can't even rely on Liverpool with their strongest back four - as seen with Brentford, and they could have easily scored 5.

Overall you would expect Lukaku and Chelsea to score a bucket load, but I would more more confident in them keeping very tight at the back and hence doubling up, than i am of Lukaku scoring bucket loads in next 5 games - How many goals will be a success from him over say those 5 games - most people would probably be disappointed with a goal a game I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

I’d worry that Alonso may be dropped for Chilwell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Chillwell wasn't great against Villa in the league cup and he missed a penalty in the shoot out too which probably won't do his confidence much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

I did watch the game between Villa and Man. Utd. and Ronaldo was not really involved much in the game at all. I thought he was going to save the situation of captaining him by scoring the penalty at the end of the game but if he is not on penalties then I'm not sure he is worth such a high price. I think he will score goals this season but just thinking now that maybe Vardy could score just as much or even more over the next few games. The 2.2mill freed up by the move could allow me upgrad McArthur to a more attacking midfielder like Raphina next week or Dier to a Chelsea or Man, City defender.

See how Maupay gets on tomorrow night, he has 3 goals in 5 games, he's on penalties and Brighton are flying high - priced at 6.5 which is pretty decent. ASM is another shout - livewire except it's Newcastle and that could go wrong very quick and be frustrating - no idea who takes their penalties.

Greenwood to Saka I think is a good move, being saying for weeks that Arsenal with a full team and great fixtures are value and it's beginning to show just that, three wins on the bounce and Saka has been instrumental in each of them pulling the strings. Townsend has also found form, and is on penalties while DCL/Ricky are out. I'd probably keep Jota if I had him, although game time got to be a worry with Bobby back.

Vardy is quietly going about his business this season - joint top goal scorer with 5 goals but largely ignored by everyone. Leicester's fixtures aren't the worse either, so maybe if you want to spread some of the TAA money around that could be shout

TAA to Alonso

Greenwood to Saka

Bamford to Vardy

And that leaves you with 0.6m in the bank roughly.

This has been said for 8 weeks now. Still hasn’t happened.

That’s actually decent shout there. I was thinking of Trent to Alonso, Jota to Son & then a forward for 7.8 or less.

I do like the Vardy shout.. might look into Vardy v Son over the coming weeks.

Howevrr I will need to factor in Saka & the forward I go with - I agree on Arsenal & that’s why I went with Tierney. They aren’t bad & not badly priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Kinda wondering why there is no love for Cancelo?……ever present this Season and City haven’t too bad of fixtures ahead,apart from Pool next GW.

Have Christensen,thinking of bringing in Rudiger for double up and possibly TAA to Cancelo after next wkd.

Is Cancelo playing left back?

Yea it's Son v Vardy v Auba for me at the moment, If i didn't have Auba I would probably get Vardy, but it's close, as bad as Spurs are Son is returning. I also feel it works better to go big on the striker as there are more cheap playing options in midfield, where as other than Dennis who is now 5.3m, there is nothing really available. Vardy won't have internationals so will be fresh and less chance of getting injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I was gonna do Shaw>Alonso anyway, so Shaw injury confirms that. Bit annoying, as more people will probably follow suit. I'll also probably do it tonight, to avoid losing value.

Have 2FTs so unsure what my next transfer will. Greenwood, Perica OUT, Brownhill, Jimi IN for a -4, maybe. Or else Amartey to a starter, or bank.

Agree, plenty of 5.5 -> 6.5m midfield options there!

I’ve gone ahead with Trent to Alonso tonight with Alonso rising. I’ll play double Chelsea & Tierney over next 3 and Trent has City& United in those so best to change that up now - Liverpool looked dodgy yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd be more inclined to keep TAA over Jota, given they are the same price. Double the ceiling really with the CS potential. And is more nailed in terms of starting every game. The last week was an illness, not rotation and both Jota & Alonso are susceptible to rotation. Well, at least we think Alonso is anyways!

I would think at the minute that Firmino will be closer to the starting line up in the Man City game, depending on his fitness. The CL game Tuesday should tell us more.

Also TAA fixtures are not as bad as on paper defensively over the next while. Brighton & Watford are within the next 5 and would expect some CS points there and Man Utd a does not scream conceding goals considering there have been a few recent low scoring games between those sides. That leaves Man City & WHU as the remaining 2 games from 5, and Man City & Liverpool are capable of playing out a 0-0 previously when they were playing out a top of the table clash.

But. Alonso's defensive fixtures are better and definitely more attractive. Plenty opportunity for attacking returns too.

For me, it's really down to who is the other player used to replace Jota. That's where the gains can be made. If you switch the TAA & Jota funds, you have some other areas to make up with Alonso + an other. Is that a Sarr / Mount / Arsenal + Lukaku etc.

I think I'll go down the TAA/ Arsenal route , but also having Rudiger for Chelsea DEF coverage. I think TAA is a bit of a chest code and whenever Liverpool have a CS, he will usually have bps.

Advertisement