Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Super Mario Movie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,592 ✭✭✭✭ DrumSteve

How is it a surprise cameo if they tell us its happening?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

It's a fairly lazy choice to aim for a Hollywood name to headline the cast (only lazier had they booked Ryan Reynolds or The Rock), but Pratt has a lot of comedy in his CV so if else should avoid the issue of am A Lister bring a rubbish voice actor.

That said, hearing Chris Pratt coming out of the mouth of Mario, and not Martinet, will be very weird and a bit jarring.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Fysh

Animation is definitely a better way to go than live action, but Chris Pratt as Mario feels a bit too much like someone just went "we want the Lego Movie but with Mario". Still, I guess it depends on how good the script is - if they hadn't already done the Lego Movie I'd be thinking that Lord & Miller would be a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ El Rifle

You’d think they have got some Italian americans to do mario and luigi!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,185 ✭✭✭✭ sligeach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭ SuperBowserWorld

Super Mario Odyssey and Galaxy will leave this in their dust trails. I bet this is bland and won't even compare artistically to a 2007 Wii game.

I've never been more stoked to see a trailer for something I dread.

I wonder if this will be another Sonic situation and hasty redo, or - more apt - another Paddington scenario (when original voice Colin Firth was replaced with Ben Wishaw).

Could this movie kill Mario ?

I mean, could it be so bad that Sonic will regain his crown ?

This could be a very risky move for Nintendo.

SNES Vs Megadrive all over again.

😁

Kill Mario? No chance; if the Bob Hoskins film couldn't do it, this one wont. The reaction to the trailer will tell everything about this films next steps. Loud enough cries and they might recast hastily

Princess Peach won't be a harmless damsel in distress in this movie.

I'm expecting a lot of Yoshi laying eggs gags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement