Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selfish foreigners

Options
  • 23-09-2021 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

I hope this doesn't come across as racist, but I have enough sample data at hand to say definitvely that some ethnic groups are terrified of going upstairs on the bus. The bottom deck of my bus this evening was like a United Nations summit. I had the back of the bottom deck all to myself until we passed a university. After the stop, you couldn't move for the amount of foreigners cramped into the bottom deck.

Two Asian students were last to get on. The woman tentatively walked up the aisle, turned back to signal to the man that they should go upstairs, but the man nodded to proceed and they sat apart from one another, next to two different people. 

This isn't in a very nice part of Dublin city and because this happens a bit at this time, I can only deduce that they've all been mentally scarred in some way - perhaps even abused racially? - by some of Dublin's finest in the past, when they dared to sit upstairs. 

And sad as that is, it's not my fault and therefore I don't think I deserve to have my bus experience cramped and ruined because of what other Dubliners did.

I'd sit upstairs but there's nowhere to lounge out and put your feet up. Nothing to do with the riff-raff, but I suppose I'll have to sacrifce that luxury for less cramping next time, you selfish sods.

Comments

Advertisement