Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Expired] Up to 80% off unboxed Tile products

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers OP, ordered 2 mates & 1 slim. (sounds like condoms)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

Mine arrived today, it was just in an envelope. No instructions or box.

Couldn`t get it to start at first, changed the battery just incase. But to activate it hold the button down for 10 seconds then it will play a tune and you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 k3v1n

Mine arrived, similarly packaged, but 4 of 7 tiles wouldn't activate. One appears broken. In fairness to Customer Care, they checked their logs and released a new version of the App on the iPhone app store (version 2.88.1) to address the problem with the other 3 that wouldn't activate.

Summary:

• If you are on iPhone - update the app if you are having trouble
    • Customer Care are good (maybe a tad slow but I guess they are busy)
    • This was a great deal, despite the issues I had - so thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

My first two arrived this morning. One burst into life as I took it from the envelope but the other seems dead. Will look at changing the battery as it's a Pro2018.

Pro version takes CR2032 batteries, so can check with €1.50 Eurogiant cells before committing to buy Energizer or Duracell as recommended by Tile for battery life.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

My 3 arrived today. All are working but I can't remove the battery cover on two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

No stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Would assume apple's new product ruined tile sales . Can tile survive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Id hope so. Id prefer not to buy Apple.

Waiting on my 4 to arrive, theyve been dispatched. Hoping they all work...

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Cheers for the battery information. I was going to order them on Amazon but it seems you can't get them shipped here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Woodies do a pack of 4 Energizer for €6.99 - haven't found them cheaper anywhere yet and most online wont ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Treppen

Yip alllll gone. Went to buy 2 more but no.

Lidl do those batteries but ain't great quality, last about 5 months on my car keys.

How do you know if battery is running low?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

There will be a low battery warning displayed in the Tile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks OP, I bought two and ended up buying another four as stocking fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I ordered 1 Pro sport and 5 arrived today!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got the two I ordered yesterday. Black one and a white one, the really old design I think, the fiver ones!

Work pretty well and decent Bluetooth range it seems. Handy for if I ever forget where my drawer of electronic tat is for some reason.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

I ordered 3 pro and got 2 . They come in plain envelopes , no box or anything which is a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I've been using a bunch of there the past year or so. They work less than half the time. Great when they do work, but very frustrating when they don't.

I'd imagine the apple version works better due to better network access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

It's probably your phone battery manager semi-killing the Tile app.

I got mine a week ago and they only worked sometime until I told the phone not to manager the battery for this app (I have a Xiaomi)

They use bluetooth so it has nothing to do with Network access

I'll look into that. I'm using an iphone. I've had issues with the app sometimes showing the last known position as three hours previous. Yet the tile and phone have been close to each other the whole time. I'm working with three fobs and one card. And all work in similar reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Damn, looks like I ordered the 2017 Pro versions so battery not replaceable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

For the sake of a fiver I'm still happy with mine, and plenty of YouTube videos make it look relatively easy to pry them open to change the battery anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I got 2 posted so thanks again OP.

Didnt know they run on batteries, I thought it would be a usb c charge. How long are people expecting to get out of a battery, is it constantly broadcasting via bluetooth or does it only go into life when you lose your keys and fire up the app?

It sends out a signal every ten minutes or so I'd imagine. I'm getting low battery warnings on mine now, and they are a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Same here. It looks straight-forward enough to replace the battery https://youtu.be/WrhM5ujSU6w

but I would have preferred the other one as I'm giving some to my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Mine arrived yesterday up and running grand, Seem to be sold out on line now. Should have ordered more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭Treppen

I had a problem with one of the 2018 Pro's , as it wouldn't link or play the Happy Tune!

Got onto the customer support 2 hours ago and they were back as quick as a flash and sending out a replacement!!

Very impressed with customer service..

....now if Virgin Media could adopt some of their practises I'd be happy.

Just a heads up for those who bought this offer in Sept 2021 to check your batteries. My Tile was activated October 10th and I was tagging it today to the collar of a dog while he is here for the holidays, he is an escape artist so I wanted an insurance policy in case he managed to get out of the garden. .

Anyway logged into the app and the Tile hadnt communicated with it since July 5th and there wasnt a sound out of it by pressing the button twice or a long press for 10 seconds. Got on to CS and the battery is not replaceable on my model (Mate, but not sure what year model, its white with a silver circle in the middle with the Tlle logo on it). The CS agent is sending me out a new Tile for free which will be able to have the battery replaced. So happy days though I'll have to keep a keen eye on this dog as its 5-7 days delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Same here, three of my tile mates are out of action. No warning just one day when I needed them, they couldn't be found as they were dead.

yeah was disappointed the battery flopped after 10 months but at least they are replacing it for free with one you can replace the batteries in, it was excellent customer service

• Advertisement
Advertisement