Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Discovery 3 Rear Toe Spindal Rods Removal

Options
  • 22-09-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

I have posted some pictures of two nuts that I cant budge, on the inside of the toe spindal rods. They take 23mm sockets and not with a breaker bar, nor an impact gun, would they move.

I have the new spindal rods but they came without the nuts, it's a 17mm diameter thread and I cant find nuts to match anywhere close to me, so I cant just cut them off.

Is there any obvious way in which I can take these off that I may have missed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I'm no expert on these (I'm sure someone will come along soon who is), but it looks like those nuts have a clip (like a circlip) holding them on at the top so they don't drift out by themselves. Have you tried removing the clips before trying to loosen the nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭mk7r

You need a bigger bar and/or a bigger impact gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Thanks for the reply.

It's a castellated nut but no split pin through the bolt .

I'm not sure if it's a lock nut , I have an old defender and thought I had seen every type of lock nut , maybe not.

I have found the nuts on line and will have them Saturday so I will just the old ones off now. Part number Ryh500116 if anyone needs it.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement