Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Discovery 3 Rear Toe Spindal Rods Removal

• 22-09-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭ O.A.P

I have posted some pictures of two nuts that I cant budge, on the inside of the toe spindal rods. They take 23mm sockets and not with a breaker bar, nor an impact gun, would they move.

I have the new spindal rods but they came without the nuts, it's a 17mm diameter thread and I cant find nuts to match anywhere close to me, so I cant just cut them off.

Is there any obvious way in which I can take these off that I may have missed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭ Miscreant

I'm no expert on these (I'm sure someone will come along soon who is), but it looks like those nuts have a clip (like a circlip) holding them on at the top so they don't drift out by themselves. Have you tried removing the clips before trying to loosen the nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ mk7r

You need a bigger bar and/or a bigger impact gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭ O.A.P

Thanks for the reply.

It's a castellated nut but no split pin through the bolt .

I'm not sure if it's a lock nut , I have an old defender and thought I had seen every type of lock nut , maybe not.

I have found the nuts on line and will have them Saturday so I will just the old ones off now. Part number Ryh500116 if anyone needs it.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement