Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas 2021 Purchases

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaaaaw 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Christmas baby stuff is the best. Just don't start into the Disney baby clothes or you'll be looking at a second mortgage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭Masala

Gonna buy an Artifical Tree for the first time in my life, Getting to that age (with Grown up kids) that dragging a real tree home, getting it in position and then disposing of it is getting too much hassle for me.

So gonna invest in a quality replica that will last me years and just folds up and goes back in teh attic!

Anyone got any recommendations of where to get one?? Budget €250 -€300 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Love the decorations @freshpopcorn

@Loughc that’s so cute

that’s great deal on the Lego @TRS30

the shopping has well and truly started

I’m browsing for everything all with for Christmas clothes for the bambino I’ll probably end up buying it all anything I show my mam she jumps in I will buy her that and her Christmas coat 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Santys bringing Lego to our oldest this year! I can't wait. We've also gotten her the Lego advent calendar. I was looking on the Lego website and I'm so so tempted to get the little Lego Christmas village sets. It might be a nice tradition to start.

I got my first presents this year in August, cozy dressing gowns for the Christmas Eve box for the two kids.

The Lego for the oldest is bought, and we know what else she wants. Haven't a notion for the 2 year old yet. Kind of at the awkward age where she knows right well who santy is, has opinions, but not quite able to ask for what she wants yet.

DvB, definitely keep it for the grandkids. I know of so many people who kept the kids Lego and it's been passed down to the grandkids now and they absolutely love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,009 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Oh, we wont be binning the lego. Its just all been made & left on the shelves so to speak. He has a big box of random smaller lego sets that have been broken up & reused a million times over but we'll be keeping it all.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Lego moves around our houses. My sisters two are too old (are so they say!) for Lego so it has gone to Granddad for him to sort out and will then come to our and my brothers house to be built.

When the time comes, I will definitely be putting it in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭tscul32

Lego has magical powers. Noone has played with it in ages in our house and I still occasionally find pieces in my ensuite.

The youngest has his eye on a Lego Technic Porsche or Ferrari this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Offtopic but I've been watching lego masters on All4 (UK,US and Aus versions) and if you're interested in the world of the brick I'd recommend. Some really cool builds on show.

The UK is more pared back and down to earth with the US and Aus having more of the typical reality show trappings -tears and big back stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭A cup of te

Aw, love the little outfit, LoughC, and all of you shopping for the kids - it must be so exciting! I think what I'll do instead of buying loads of toys is bring my nephew out one of the weekends to give the parents a break and bring him Christmas shopping looking at decorations and let him pick something out and then in for something nice to eat.

As for me - OMG, what haven't I bought would be more like it #facepalm! I'm in charge of the food shopping this year for my parents and myself. Kinda joining up forces for Christmas Day with the sis in law but I started buying bits and pieces of junk food quite early here. I saw here a poster saying that the Tayto boxes were out so I got two of those today, one for the kids across the road, one for us and I want to get a variety box.

I've got: Walnut Whip, Terry's Chocolate Orange, 4 tubs (QS, Roses, Heroes and Celebrations), Pringles, Selection Boxes for kids across the road, 7 Up, Diet Coke, After Eights, Ferrero Rocher, Paddy Whiskey for neighbour, and I want to get 1 good box of homemade chocs. It will take all my iron will not to buy miscellaneous stuff like small boxes of Milk Tray, Dairy Box, Toblerone, Snowballs and Black Magic ;-)

Still need to get a box of Tunnocks Teacakes whenever they appear and also whenever the cranberries come in I really need to get them and make my mince pies because I give people bags of those as gifts. I have my puddings and cake made and going to make a tiramisu for those that don't like the cake, trifle for New Years. Also want to get a box of Crackers and fancy cheese for those with notions ;-) Got a few packets of purple and yellow snacks on the mammy's orders this year instead of tins of biccies.

Totally want to buy a little singing dancing Christmas tree this year and if anyone sees any The Snowman merchandise let me know. I'm going to go all out this year and make sure I get The Snowman kitchen roll and toilet paper too ;-)

I'm hunting for The Snowman picture book for my little nephew (or is it for Auntie really :-P). I'm actually going to watch The Snowman now tonight myself. I'm feeling really Christmassy now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lovelight77

I got my tree from Balsam Hill a few years ago and absolutely LOVE it. So realistic, easy to set up and decorate and there’s free delivery. Lots to choose from. They always have some kind of sale on so keep an eye on the website over the coming weeks as the prices do fluctuate up and down.

It’s actually a joy to do the tree now instead of the dread of putting it up every year with having to slot in each branch and put on the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,009 ✭✭✭✭DvB

@A cup of te I pocked up a gorgeous copy of the snowman book on Amazon a couple of years ago for something silly like €6... have a look there, doubt it would be expensive.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

This smells very nice, had one a few years back and reduced too in Arnotts, ordered one of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Looking for one myself. M&S seem to have a good selection up online. I can't speak to the quality though, anyone know what they're like?

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ie/7ft-pre-lit-pine-tree/p/hbp60508542

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭A cup of te

@DvB I think you could be onto something there alright with just ordering it online. I see a hardback version on Easons website and also The Snowman and Snowdog but I'd like to see a few pics of inside the book to make sure the former is true to the original. I'm not really into online shopping and especially with Brexit now I'm really selective about where I buy from. I am a bit surprised there isn't a Snowman official merchandise website. The official site directs you to Amazon. I think I'll have a word first with the bookshop this weekend and then if there's no joy there I'll find it online.

If any of you are into The Snowman, the one place where I have seen some merchandise was in The Range yesterday. Not much but a little bit.

They often have Snowman stuff (sweets and chocolate) in Dealz- have bought bonbons in Snowman bags before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I bought a M&S pre-lit 2 years ago. It's decent quality and enough lights though my mother adds extra lights to hers. So easy to put up, I couldn't bring myself to throw out my branch by branch one from Homestore and More though, it is definitely more dense but that one isn't pre-lit so will only go up if I have help.

Picked up a pink Gonk and mini tree for my pal she is changing her tree decorations to blush pink and gold I think 🤔

anyway meeting for lunch next week I will give them to her then I’ll try post a photo

I had to Google "gonk". I recognise them alright but never knew they were called gonks.

Gonks are cute, I used to think they were some sort of Santa Gnome thing until I was corrected last year by one of my nieces/nephews 😂

• Advertisement

Herself picked up a few bits on the Dunnes websitr on Thursday and they arrived today- cushions are a bargain at a fiver.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/make-christmas/christmas-decorating/home-decorations

Half price flash sale on decorations and some other stuff.

https://www.tipperarycrystal.ie/bailey-brooke/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh thank you I love the Tipperary crystal decorations.

Got our new tree from this place last year, they've launched their website and sell other bits too.

The shop itself is an outdoor furniture shop that get ls turned Into a Christmas shop...opens soon this month.

https://www.christmasland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭Masala

Just pulled trigger on a 7.5 tree for a November delivery with them.

Why settle for a 7.5, shirley a 10/10 is what you want 😂

Thats the same size as ours. I wanted taller but was restricted by ceiling height. Another reason I need to live in one of those old red brick mansions in Dublin 4 with the high ceilings lol.

I was just in Aldi and if you've to buy for any bakers they have Mary Berry's Fast Bakes (great for younger bakers too) and a couple of Bake Off books, all hardback, €6.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

This is our first Christmas as a family of three, so I've ordered a few new tree ornaments and matching stockings for the fireplace!

• Advertisement

this is the Gonk I got for my pal

Advertisement