Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

bike storage solution

• 22-09-2021 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ declanobrennan

Renovating old house in Dublin 8, which involves back extension and landscaping of back garden. Large front garden not being touched by builders.

I am a cyclist and will be living with cyclists and want secure storage solution. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭ houseyhouse

A house near us has a small shelter in the front garden. And 4-5 feet high and with a green roof. Almost completely hidden from view by the front hedge. Bikes seem to be locked to the corner posts. I think it looks like a great solution but maybe not for a very high value bike or in a particular theft prone area. A few others near us have combined wheelie bin covers and locked bike shelters of varying degrees of attractiveness depending on the finishes used.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ declanobrennan

Thanks! I'm going to probably go with bike stands in poured concrete out the back (or bolted into concrete).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ jay0109

I'm in the same situation, looking for a bike shelter thats not a big shed.

I came across bikeshel the other day

Bike Shel for Protective Bicycle Storage

Not cheap and would need a concrete base

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ declanobrennan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ jay0109

About €1,500 for a 4 berth in basic black colour and €1,000 for the 2 berth in black

• Advertisement
Advertisement