Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which providers provide static IP address?

• 21-09-2021 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi all, hopefully will get access to NBI rollout shortly.

Are there ISPs that offer a static IP address?

Thanks in advance,

SH

Best Answer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Vodafone offer it, but its 5/6e a month charge

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

For what purpose? Residential accounts I dont know of any that do. Business accounts its an option on nearly all of the Irish ISPs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,777 ✭✭✭✭kippy

A number of providers will provide you with a "static" IP address if you request it at an additional cost - usually.

I know eir used to do this - assume they still do and assume most will if you contact them and pay additional for it. I don't believe any do it as part of their standard package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Have my own domain and email address. Also automating the house, and access to cameras.

Have a fixed IP with Imagine (no extra charge), but hoping to get fixed line shortly.

thanks everyone for your answers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I get a static IP from Vodafone for 6€ per month. Pricey but need it for work. Plus I’m only paying 30€ per month for the broadband so it doesn’t feel too bad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Doing pretty much the same thing myself, are you using Home Assistant?

I use Cloudflare through Caddy reverse proxy so only port 443 is open to the Internet from my home connection

No need for a static IP as I use DNS-O-Matic to update Cloudflare with my dynamic IP address

Dont pay anything extra as Cloudflare free plan works perfectly, something to consider going down that route ;)

You could just use Dynamic DNS. It's what I use to access my lab when I'm not home. It's free.

Thanks all - @kingtiger yes using homeassistant & dwains dashboard

Advertisement