If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

what type of medical professional for this

  • 20-09-2021 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

    Is there a clinic somewhere that would assess an athletes leg strength and be able to provide a program to strengthen part of the legs.

    older teenage son was doing lots of athletics (3-5 days a week) and started soccer, never had an injury but in 2 months got 2 knee injuries which I seen happening, both caused by lateral turns and knees folding under him. He loves both sports so dont want him to give up and Im not looking for medical advice here, just who would you go to to look at that and get someone to say "yeah this is whats wrong, heres a program that lasts X weeks that will build up the necessary strength in knees for pivotal sports and we can reassess then"

    Sports surgery clinic? a physio? a good S&C guy? a Physiologist? a gp?

    Near dublin.