Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ever feel like a loser

Options
  • 19-09-2021 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭

I do sometimes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

anyone can feel like a loser if they want.

you could always have more.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Enough of that loser talk dammit!

Drop and give me 20, we'll make winner out of you yet sunny... (or you'll fail to complete all 20 and feel like a total loser then) lol

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

You’re making an immersive 1st person documentary, don’t compare it to a highlight reel you absolute loser.

Beck certainly did.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Manky O Toole

Pretty much all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭passatman86

Could follow his advice "at your own risk"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Everyone feels like a loser at times. Totally natural. But on the subject I knew a guy who once said a lot of young people are gonna feel like losers with all this YouTube and TikTok stars. His rationale was that there's loads out there who became millionaires off those platforms and if you haven't yourself you'll feel like a loser.

I can see where he is coming from as I read some article where they quizzed loads of secondary school kids about aspirations and what do they want to be. Lo and behold a YouTube star was number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Money

Status

Relationships

I fall down on all 3 tbh. The only way I am not a loser is if I don't play by societies rules and create my own reality in my head but that is a cope.

Most of us are coping one way or another. It's a cope or rope world out there I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Yeah we can say what we want but there is a clear hierarchy out there and the rules are simple - In order to be a success climb that ladder as much as humanely possible.

• Advertisement

The system is set up to ensure low-status men never get a chance to climb the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. Another life’s-not-fair whingefest…

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

even the best of us feel like losers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Right OP, be like Nicholas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas. Off with you to the offlicence and stock up a full trolley on Liquor.

Bon Voyage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SYpSl0XfGw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yes, but I changed my mentality to battle that. I told myself that I'm no longer trying to win anything, so how can I lose if I'm not competing? Any "wins" are a bonus to the mundane mediocrity that is life. Don't judge your wins and losses by others standards, make your own and ta feck with everyone else and what they consider winning. After 43 attempts I've finally beaten Hades with each weapon once. Win!

Life? I dunno really, but I did think that in order to "win" at life I needed to be married, mortgage, kids, pets, good job, etc. I had most of that (no kids and not marriage but long term relationship) and looking back I still wasn't happy. I was also trying to keep up with the Joneses, and all the other stuff "normal" people do. But I wasn't happy. Giving up on everything and taking anything positive as a win is far better for me!

Ok, I haven't given up completely, but changed my outlook completely. Life before this can be described as trying to be what everyone else wants me to be, whereas now I am what I am and it's so contrary to "normal" that I'm no longer even bothered anymore. I will live my life out until I die, doing what I like to do as long as I can afford it. At the end of the day, everyone loses anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

as long as your not hurting anyone what harm?! keep her lit xxx

• Advertisement

Exactly, I'm doing that by doing it my way, most people seem to follow the wife/kids/mortgage/pets route. I sometimes think it may be jealousy from those in the "normal" lives looking at me, doing what I want (read: can afford) with no real dependencies or worries anymore. Then I remember I don't actually care and go back to doing what I do. I'm happy, other people seem to think I shouldn't be because they're judging me based on their own personal opinions. C'est la vie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Social media is a pox. People were happier back when they looked at those immediately around them and felt they were doing OK. Now they have a screen in their pocket which shows them a constant feed what all the hugely rich and successful people - and non rich people who are just lying / pretending - are up to, and it makes them not happy with their pretty decent existence, even though if they are in Ireland they are probably better off than about 99% of the people in the world.

This keeping up with the Jonses craic - it wasn't too bad when the joneses lived in the slightly nicer estate down the road - now they live in the most expensive parts of Dublin - or maybe New York or Beverly Hills. It's unattainable for virtually everyone.

It drives the capitalist growth machine... borrow more, buy more spend more.... buy a better life from the comfort of your sitting room. It is horrible and it makes people fking miserable.

Look around at all the swish cars you see on the roads. How many of them do you think were bought straight up? next time you see a newish range rover - ask yourself if the person driving it just went to the dealer wrote out a cheque for a hundred grand out of their current account..... or if they are paying it off every month so that they can look successful, even though getting a loan and paying interest on a depreciating luxury asset is mega stupid, loads and loads of people do it. Just ask yourself why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Do you think sometimes people " jus can't C U"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I've always wondered that, I live in Spain but every time I come home the amount of brand new 201 D SUVs I see on the road is staggering.

My Mam lives in Raheny and each house has about 2/3 of these in the driveway.

recession ?????

MY ARSE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

I used to wonder how everyone else could afford these new 40-60k cars, made me think everyone must be earning twice what i'm on. I couldn't believe someone would signup to finance something like that, feel much better in my old car knowing other than running costs its costing me nothing.

I thing usually as you get older you'll care less about such things like social media & keeping up with the Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Honestly, other people generally couldn't care less what anyone is doing with their life. Being unmarried with no kids is one of the most unexceptional things I can think of, tbh.

Bottom line is, people don't spend anywhere near the amount of time thinking about us as we sometimes think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

This is the truth. Far too many people are worried about what other people think when really those other people are far too concerned with people think of them to give much thought to others.

Exactly, I am quite happy in our 2nd hand Toyota Yaris ... hybrid too ... 10k ... bargain!!

Fits us and 2 kids and 2 large bags in the boot for trips, people don't need big cars, unless it's for work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement