Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Paint Shop and Costs

Options
  • 18-09-2021 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

My car's right front arch has very poor painting due to a prior incident and I want to get my front arch and bonnet sprayed. I went to a local garage where google reviews are fine. Paint + labour is 1300 EUR.

It's just a standard hatchback car with no damage repair required. You think this is fair price?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sonyvision

I don't think so. What type of car and year is it? The reason I ask is because if it's 15 years old and you want it cleaned up then 400 or 500 euro should cover it. If it's a 3 or 4 year old 5 series and want a near perfect job then it will cost more.

Give you context, 06 merc replacement bonnet sourced for NCT, outside resprayed to match, it's not perfect they didn't blend the side panels 200 euro all in.

2 year old megane coupe, respray rear side panel (which is very large) blend door, bumper, boot etc was 500 - 600 if I remember

Shop around get more prices if you can.btw where are you based?.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

It's 2014- Volvo V40, nothing fancy. I live in Dublin. Thanks for the examples. I agree, 1300 EUR seems way expensive compare to what you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sonyvision

Seems a bit steep, get 3 prices from different places with good reviews and go from there.

I got mine done outside of Dublin down in Waterford as I have family there.

Advertisement