Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

In one of the best lineups of summer Wunderhorse and Inhaler supporting Sam Fender in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Says you, Jaffa. That line up wouldn't be for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Landing two of the best up and coming bands on the same bill as the guy who will go down as the biggest UK act since Arctic Monkeys is a seriously impressive lineup no matter what way you look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FM104 The Gig postponed as I think lead act Lewis Capaldi sick, it was a charity gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Was at St Anne's Park on Saturday for Heaven17/Sophie Ellis Bextor/OMD and Soft Cell. Glorious weather, very well organised etc. and some great music.

I didn't realise that there was tiered pricing for this (ie the "Golden Circle" and the standard standing admission). The "Circle" wasn't full and I presume tickets were only a tenner or so more expensive (as they are for Pulp next Friday). Does anyone know if you could buy an upgrade for the Circle there and then? For me it would have been worth it as I was just beyond the barrier where there were lots of mammys and daddys in their 50s and 60s only half-engaged in the music, especially for the first half of Soft Cell, some of them with their backs to the stage just having an aul' chat. Their kids (presumably), young teens, were all a lot more respectful and dancing to songs they probably didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭Fanirish

nah can’t buy upgrade on the day, need to buy the golden circle ticket which is €10 more expense I’ve for likes of pulp etc in st Anne’s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Gold Circle for most St. Anne's shows - except Pulp - is/was first come, first served. They weren't sold as Gold Circle. Pulp was sold as such and was €10 more. It may be the only one.

To facilitate quick entry, they gave out wristbands prior to gates opening to those who were in the queue, similar to the RDS arrangement for Bruce Springsteen (though in much smaller numbers). But then, once gates were open, you could get wristbands from the entry points to the pit. I certainly saw people getting them up to 6:00 at Lionel Richie last night, but they may have had them beyond that point. I don't know about Saturday (I was on the barrier, so I've no idea how long it took the passes to run out), but it was a smaller crowd overall, so they likely had wristbands left for some time.

St. Anne's didn't have a Gold Circle last year, paid or otherwise, at least not at the shows I attended.

Post edited by delbertgrady on

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Do you think this is true? I thought they weren’t coming because Croke and Aviva weren’t available with the football.

Top music acts are skipping Irish dates on European tours due to Ireland's insurance cost crisis, the Alliance for Insurance Reform has claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

We covered it a few pages back, insurance is part of the reason some gigs don't happen, but if it was such a gig crippler, there wouldn't be 20-30 large scale outdoor gigs in Dublin in the next 2 months would there?

I suspect that the "Alliance for insurance reform" may not be completely impartial on the subject.

• Advertisement

Yeah, insurance a reason why no profits events up and down the country not happening but not the deciding factor for shows like beyonce, Coldplay which would generate €5m plus in sales. €65k for insurance would just be paid.

Post edited by Fanirish on

Ah, interesting. I was sure that there was only one pricing option for the St Anne's Park gigs apart from Pulp! Had I known, I would have just asked to go into the circle/pit on Saturday. I guess the barrier will have to do for Pulp, at least you can lean against it and have your bag in a safer place propped against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They're likely one of the first spots taken for that reason, so if you are early grab the spot.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone have idea of timings for The 1975 in St Annes Park? It says show starts at 6, and seems like there's only one support act.

Their current set is about 1:50 to 2 hours long. Venue curfew is 1030.

So maybe due on stage about 830?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Will be announced on mcd social media but would expect support around 7pm with the 1975 on around 8/8:15.

The last 2 KISS Gigs in the UK were giving away thousands of tickets, just needed to pay a service fee of a fiver.

They wouldn't have sold out fibbers.

Have they ever played ireland in decades?

Former co worker was obsessed with them and always travelled to at least one show on each European tour

Played the 3arena in 2010, reduced capacity and there was noticeable gaps.

With their fanbase and the ridiculous m&g prices they charge, the band didn't lose anything, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Probably in the wrong place, please move it admin if so.

But I thought some of you seasoned giggers might know.

Slane this weekend..last minute purchase. Can get 2 x n2 standing and 1 X n1 standing. Are these going to be seperated entering?

Maps unclear and no info anyway.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I was at the gig in 2010, approx 4.5k at it in the point no surprise they haven't returned.

Think they were here just the once before that in the 80s, Belfast afaik.

• Advertisement

17:00 Gates open

18:00 TBC

19:15 Caroline Polachek

20:45 The 1975

22:30 Curfew

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

They were supposed to play The Point on the reunion tour with the classic lineup. It didn't sell at all and was cancelled. At the time, I heard various figures ranging from 800 tickets sold, down to less than a hundred.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Michael Schenker

November 24th - Dublin, The Academy

November 25th - Belfast, Limelight

Re St Anne's Park curfews - dunno if they decided to finish 15 minutes earlier but Soft Cell were done at 10.30pm last Saturday despite the curfew for Fri/Sat night gigs there apparently being until 22:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Sprints w/Cruel Sister are in the Button Factory, Friday 6th October.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

2 nights olympia for pj Harvey

tickets from €70 plus ticketmaster fees so really €75 for upper circle.

probably €80/€85 for circle and standing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That seems fairly expensive tbh. The Saturday gig clashes with Ireland v South Africa at the RWC just on off chance there's any crossover in rugger fans and hers..

similar for rest of her tour and Olympia probably smallest venue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah and say with Dublin/Greater Dublin area's population she will sell it out, just my personal opinion. It seems it's the trend with rising costs everywhere.

• Advertisement

No doubt she will be back next summer and be charging €70 a ticket for likes of trinity.

Advertisement