Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every day is a school day.. ?

Options
  • 16-09-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭

So today I learnt (in a "🤢" kinda way) that I need to clean my earbuds.. kinda shocked by the fact that this had never occurred to me before 😱 oh well - as they say, every day is a school day..

So.. what have you learnt today? (apart from the fact that I have been going around with uncleaned earbuds 😝)

Comments

I learned that family is everything. A hug from a sibling, not seen in years, was just perfect. Covid kept us apart. Love brought us together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

Yes, the older I get, the more i appreciate my family.. (especially during the last 18 mths {though I am aware that not everyone has the same fortune to say such})

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jjoncik

need to clean earbuds every day 😔.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

clean earbuds? surely earbuds are for cleaning ears once then bin? why on earth would you clean them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The thought of rinsing your cotton buds and reusing them 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

How do you clean your earbuds?

I've noticed volume and sound quality decreasing over time and think this is prob the issue. Not sure what to clean them with though...

Oh, and for reusable ear cleaning buds, which you'd Def want to clean between use:

Reusable Cotton Buds with Magnetic Bamboo Case https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08ZRZR6DY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_H8F4KTTAGN71PPGY0680?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I realised I was guilty of underappreciating the one thing that's with me though thick an thin after reading this thread, so took some time out and gave my earbuds a hug. Definitely need to clean my family, though. Maybe some day.

When you train your mind to stop giving a feck about what other people think only then will you be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

It really isn't true for everyone. Some of us had to learn that even though they are family they may be harming us and need to be kept at arms lengh. Good for you that you have a family like that but other people need to be reassured that it is OK to cut toxic people out too regardless of them being family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I would nuance it

Take on board some genuine input from others, disregard some more

Yeah there is a useful difference between being interested in what people think and learning from what people think - and actually emotionally caring what they think.

Derren Brown recently said something like "People would stop worrying about what people think about them - if they realized how seldom they actually do!".

For example I recently made a comment on another thread about how Brazilian Jujitsu can simultaneously teach you pride and humility. And a user tried to troll me with a cowardly hit and run comment along the lines of "Yeah the humility part is failing there bud". I simply asked him to tell me more - and he did not work up the courage or material to answer unfortunately. Perhaps he is working on it.

But I was genuinely interested in that moment to know what he was thinking. Did he see something I was missing? I wanted to know about his thought process to see if I could learn anything from it.

Did I actively emotionally care whether he thought I was a humble person or not? Not a bit. The troll attempt simply failed in that regard as it always will. But there are people who genuinely care what others think. Even if that other is a faceless no name nobody troll just looking for an emotive reaction they can intellectually masturbate themselves over. They will still rise to it - because their pride has been undermined by the thought process of another.

Advertisement