Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When will this stop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Sher isn't Lord Ursula (who we all voted for in our droves) setting up a new european "defense" force next week?

A European defense force would be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭sparky42

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

When will it stop?

Obligatory national military service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

There is a company now in the US called Top Aces

They have managed to acquire a number of F-16s (A/B), they are the first legitimately privately owned F-16s - I know they're old

They offer military fighter plane training via US approved contracts. IE they might train Irish pilots but not Iranian ones

I think this is concerning because

1: "technically", anyone with money can go and learn to fly a war plane and learn about not just the controls, but tactics etc.

2: We're putting the seriously powerful weapons in the hands of non-government bodies. this is a bad idea

I think the article in the OP is only the tip of the iceberg. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Whilst I would prefer it to be done by Irish military people however being a small nation on the world stage and the very technical skills required looking in from the outside would it be an option to cooperate with other friendly EU military's on service of Irish military equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭sparky42

Of course it would, that’s why it would never happen. IMO we should pick a European nation and leverage off their procurement and sustainment programs as much as possible rather than going for small orders of equipment or bespoke designs.

Advertisement