Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing from Japan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Is it v difficult- I’ve read the threads but still on the sideline tbh

rip off prices here in Cork in comparison with all other parts of the country im at a crossroad whether to get another loan for a car so am considering japan

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭AnF Chuckie egg

Interested in bringing in a nissan note hybrid from japan. I can get a 2021 with 14k klm for €20k landed to dublin port. Problem is that on the Revenue vrt website they are valuing the car at 100k for vrt calculations. I've tried to et a quote even for much older cars 2016 etc but it still values the cars at 100k. Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

100k where the hell are they pulling that figure from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭User1998

Is that price including vat and customs?

Never heard of a €20k car being valued at €100k. Definitely a mistake there

That's the price landed to dublin port. i have to pay the vat, customs and vrt after that. The issue i think is down to the revenue not having a reference vehicle here that they can price against so its giving a 100k valuation for the car here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭User1998

So thats about €30k on the road. You can buy a 2020 model here from €16k upwards?

I've seen ones on DD for €20K, that's the 2020 hybrid model, I had found a 2021 new facelift model but Yeah I know, it just doesn't add up. It seems to me I'd nearly get the same car here for not much more

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭murphthesmurf

Any of you ever imported an Impreza WRX? I've been looking at Jap imports last few days and it's gotten my attention. But when I check VRT calculator it doesn't show anything close model wise, so can't get a price.

I'm impressed with some of the cars you can get there with hardly any miles. Was originally looking to import something from UK/NI.

Thanks, sorry for piggy backing on the thread 👍

Advertisement