Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cluster Flush

• 10-09-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's experiences are with cluster flush system? Putting in a new parlour here and trying to decide if it's worth doing. As it is I cluster dip at various stages in the year and find scc is all the better for it. Any opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Have it in since March here

haven’t treated a cow for mastitis since it was installed

delighted with it, was using boxes of tubes and injections and it wasn’t curing cows

no milk down the drain and no bill in the vets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Does it not just mask the problem though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I wouldn't think so. It'll just isolate every cow in their own little bubble from cross contamination through the clusters.

My father was remarking on the low cell counts from the quality milk award winners in the journal. A few over the hundred but a good few going under the hundred.

I'd bet the ones under have clusterflush.

As time goes on and more people get lower counts. The milk purchasers take note and reduce the penalty limit further.

Eventually then everyone will have clusterflush.

I'm not selling them nor do I have em. Just how I see it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Absolutely worth it, would have it before autowash or a dumpline.

*use in a parlour at work so not privvy to actual financial costs but I'd imagine it's a substantial add on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

If I was installing new I'd put it in.Antibiotics will be getting harder to source and even the teat sprays are less potent than before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement