Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom FM

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It looks like Freedom FM will be on its third temporary license run at the end of this month.

I wonder will 8Radio.com's Simon Maher be on again with a rock show like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Shurely Tubs is first up....

They can take my salary

They can take my extra salary

The can take the late late and my 1hr minus adds radio segment.

But they'll never take my Freedom(FM)

or my honesty 😁

Show sponsored by the Toyman in association with all the poor kids of Ireland and various paid cooperate events, that may or may not happen at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Antenna

Freedom FM test transmissions are on tonight, for this year's temporary multi-area FM run

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Enjoying the test transmissions .. best of luck to the Freedom crew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Sounding good on 99.5 in Bray ....

Best of luck to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Stumbled across this on the Xmas FM frequency in Waterford. Nice to see a 99s/00s station meaning I won't be channel hopping across the usual dross on offer for my work commute in the month of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I've got the tape deck out and ready for tonight. The big questions is which sort of a blank tape will be unwrapped; regular or Chrome. Decisions decisions.

I'll stick it in and press the red button at 11:25PM. Cos like, you never know what sort of sneaky connivance those lads and lassies would "Power" up....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Would be nice if these Temp stations could expand to the North West (Donegal) in future just like Xmas Fm on 105.7

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paul.kavanagh

With every site there are some very serious costs , We are non funded and costs are silly. its in the pipe line , thank you.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Anybody get a recording of the launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Head this last night. North Cork.

Only had the chance between 6 and 7 work gets in the way.

Sounded good. Beat of luck. We need more radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Some small interference in Waterford City due to weak C103 signal on 103.7 (Freedom on 103.8)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Antenna

103.7 (when nothing on 103.8) gets in relatively well in areas of waterford city with line-of-sight with the mountain range approx 20 miles to the west in its direction (so too would 96.1, if nearby 96.0 relay for KCLR did not exist). You might think a over 2000 ft high mountain would block the signal, and it would do so in places close to the foot of it, but some VHF bending over the mountain-top does occur and approx 20 miles to the other side is probably more or less an ideal distance back to receive it. Draw a straight line on a map and its a line-of-sight path from transmitter to the mountain top (so a strong signal hits the mountaintop).

Post edited by Antenna on

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭maniac2003

Gone i galway today....any where else

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paul.kavanagh

Weather related outage, our team resolved asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emilynxlan

Getting 105.2 here in the greater Belfast area! Coming in clear

Advertisement