Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quooker ~ Low water pressure, oooppppssss

Options
  • 06-09-2021 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi all

just had quooker with boiling/filtered cold/sparkling water set up installed…and is a disaster.

In a nutshell because my mains water supply pressure is crap the water pressure from the quooker is also crap (unusable to be honest).

My plumber is going to see if he can get anything to help the situation but he didn’t sound in anyway confident.

Anyone know of a solution or am I screwed?

Thanks

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Very odd, did the plumber not check the pressure before installation? A booster pump would give an increase in pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

No. In fairness I asked him to do it as a favour, wasn’t the suppliers plumber. I should have spotted it when looking at it originally.

can I put a booster pump on mains supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

As far as I know you can do anything you want to the mains supply inside your house the one outside is a no go. I'm not a plumber so can't advise, but as far as I know so long as there is a valve to turn off or bypass a modification made on a mains there shouldn't be any issue. I'd call a pro to install a booster pump though as it sounds like you're replacing that tap with the mains tap and it is not attached as a secondary to the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stevetaps

Hi- just wondered if you resolved this? I have exactly the same issue and wondering if I should go ahead and install despite low pressure or not…

Sent you a pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tstrauss

Hi Higster. Did you ever resolve this? Thanks

Hi re quooker and low pressure. Ended up putting in a small water tank off the mains and then a pump to the kitchen taps including quooker. Not ideal and not sure if 100% legit but works very well. Highly recommend the quooker btw.

Advertisement