Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage import from Germany. Advice needed :D

Options
  • 03-09-2021 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Wow.. haven't been here in years but... since the people in Revenue / VRT haven't come back to me I thought I would hit this up and see if anyone has any info that might help me.

So, basically I found a RHD Datsun 260z in Germany. Needs work but starts and drives etc. Finally, after many years looking for a project.

Here lies the problem... the guy selling the car does not have a log book as in Germany they dont provide registration plates until the car has been approved by DEKRA? ( I assume like the NCT here ) He does have a document from the local traffic authority stating that it is a Datsun 240 / Fairlady and includes the chassis number and that there should be no problem in getting new registration plates for the car once certified by DEKRA. The letter states it wasn't stolen and has no taxes outstanding. He told me that there was work done on it in Germany as there is receipts for the works done and also fuel receipts in the glove box. He also has an affidavit stating that it is his car. I was reading about registering a vintage / classic car online and it says that if the documents ( log book ) is missing then a letter from a local vintage club would be ok ? But I am guessing that the letter he has would be enough maybe?

The documents that he has is enough to register it in Ireland? I was talking to the transport guy who believes that I need the log book to import it? But since its missing will this be an issue? I dont want to pay for the car and then 1. not be able to register it here and/ or 2. get it taken off me at customs.

Any insight or someone that has imported a vintage from Germany shed some light? Much appreciated.

Post edited by biko on

Comments

Advertisement