Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for DB or GAI

Options
  • 03-09-2021 2:11pm

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has gone through application process with either of these lately?

i am about to apply, i have a couple of points on my license at the moment, will this affect the application?(one of the forms says it may not affect application)

one set of points are due to expire by end of the month so ill be left with 3 points.( i realise it looks like i could be a bad/dangerous driver)

that is my main concern, secondly have you or have you heard of anyone going in for the training and failing to pass the test?

any other advice welcome :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You can't apply to drive for Dublin Bus if you have penalty points on your B licence.

"A valid driving licence Category B (for a minimum of 2 years) with no endorsements" is an essential requirement for DB.

GAI says "No pending motoring offences".

Maybe if you already have a D licence, I don't know.

ok, that is a bummer so.

i did read conflicting info about penalty points/endorsements, so i was unsure.

would you wreckon if i got lessons and done test myself i would have a chance of getting a job with either?

just an update, i applied to one and got passed interview stage even with the points. i spoke briefly about them and was honest about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I got in with DB with points on my licence, I put it on the application, they asked what they were for I told them and that was that.

Advertisement