Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moonfall (Roland Emmerich)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

calling him a star is a bit of a stretch to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A real leave your brain at the door film but I thought it was fun, liked the moon interior design, all round there was some great CGI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Great fun for me. I never pre-judge a movie before ive seem it, but when I finish watching it its only either, Did I enjoy that or not. And this one I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭crushproof

Quality dumb Saturday night popcorn movie. Absolutely woeful but sure that's totally expected from this type of movie.

My only gripe was the massive use of CGI, alot of which was terribly done. Very poor. Even in normal scenes it was used, like him driving in his motorbike into the hotel. Like why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Cliche after cliché after cliché. Really, really bad.

I couldn't even find it entertaining as a "turn your brain off", some of the storylines were just terrible. Like the Black Friday footage supposed to be looting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,674 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I watched it last night, what were they thinking? the actors did a bang up job of not looking like they were regretting their life choices so kudos .

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

so bad.. all the tropes from The Abyss, The Core and 2012... all rolled into one squidgy mess...

but the scenes inside the moon were cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Holy ****! It was bad. I watched it tonight. Apart from the obvious, it had "The first men in the moon" and "When world's collide" written all over it. So poor. Even my 14 year old daughter could see the holes and she see's the holes in ID and ID2. Emmerich is really a complete rip off merchant. All style and no substance. I loved ID but only because it was a spectacle in the Cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Maybe it was just the fact I had a few hours to myself today to watch something at home, but I really enjoyed that.

Its stupidly silly, but it's been ages since I watched a Emmerich disaster film.

The formula is the same, but I have soft spot for these kind of stories, and in particular, Emmerich, when he's more The Day After Tomorrow, and less ID2, which as someone rightly pointed out, was probably one of the worst tentpoles movies every made.

I knew nothing about this when I turned it on. and just enjoyed the silliness of it all. I actually thought John Bradley did a decent job, as with Berry and Wilson. Intentionally or not, the film kept it on the right side of seriousness, never leaning into full parody and visually, it looks decent enough as well.

• Advertisement

I watched this yesterday and am delighted that I did. My favourite guilty pleasure is The Core so no surprise that I enjoyed it.

It's terrible, oh so terrible, but it's on the right side of fun without falling completely to cheese.

It's not as bland as ID2, brought to you by the soulless minions of orthodoxy.

Much like The Core it's that cast which help. Fine it's not up there with The Core, seriously though look at that IMDB page, but Wilson, Berry, Bradley deliver enough to keep me engaged

Elon Musk love-in has aged like milk, in about as much time too

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement