Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a Ram

Options
  • 30-08-2021 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing as renting a ram for a few weeks like can be done with bulls. currently have 9 ewes/hoggets that i wanted to breed to try and see how i get on with an aim to getting more the following year when more experienced with lambing. Obviously not viable to buy a ram for that number and people will suggest borrowing a ram but the thing is there is no sheep farmers where i am so i dont know anyone well enough to ask to borrow a ram. Wondered would a breeder rent a ram for a few weeks or what other options have i. Could i buy a ram someone is finished with due to age and was going to send to the factory and that i could then fatten when finished with

Comments

Advertisement