Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Swift - Check engine light 2 days after passing NCT.

• 29-08-2021 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

As above. Swift passed the NCT a few days ago with no issue. Took it on the motorway for the first time since I got it today, and the minute I hit the motorway (after an hour on dual carriageways) the check engine light came on. Hasn't gone off since, even though it's been parked up for a few hours. Is it likely to be something big? I have the car less than a fortnight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,016 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could be anything, perhaps emissions related if no other symptoms to point you in a particular direction, you would need the fault code read to point you in the general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭LittleBrick

I really need to learn more about cars. Is there an easy way to check this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You will deffo have to get it scanned to see what is causing the issue. Do you know anyone with a scan tool or do you have one yourself if not you will have to bring it to a garage to get scanned to read the error code. It could be anything even something small or really bad. All depends on code.

Advertisement