Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Swift - Check engine light 2 days after passing NCT.

• 29-08-2021 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ LittleBrick

As above. Swift passed the NCT a few days ago with no issue. Took it on the motorway for the first time since I got it today, and the minute I hit the motorway (after an hour on dual carriageways) the check engine light came on. Hasn't gone off since, even though it's been parked up for a few hours. Is it likely to be something big? I have the car less than a fortnight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,996 ✭✭✭✭ Atlantic Dawn

Could be anything, perhaps emissions related if no other symptoms to point you in a particular direction, you would need the fault code read to point you in the general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ LittleBrick

I really need to learn more about cars. Is there an easy way to check this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭ wotzgoingon

You will deffo have to get it scanned to see what is causing the issue. Do you know anyone with a scan tool or do you have one yourself if not you will have to bring it to a garage to get scanned to read the error code. It could be anything even something small or really bad. All depends on code.

Advertisement