Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications gone haywire

Options
  • 27-08-2021 1:42pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one getting notifications for threads I haven't even clicked on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

I've had a few this morning as well, notifications that people have posted on threads I have never been in. I've posted in the forum but not on the threads referenced??

Looks like I'm getting notifications for all posts in any of my followed forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Just when you thought that the update couldn't make the site and less user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It's something to do with the forums you followed on the old site. The only fix I've seen so far is to go to all the forums that you are getting notifications from, select to follow the forum and then unfollow, and then that should stop the incessant notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I've the opposite problem. I'm not receiving notifications from threads I've followed.

• Advertisement

You can edit notifications. On the notifications pop up there’s a button (3 lines) on the top right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Only way to turn it off I found was to actually turn off literally notifications. If I walked away from the site for more than an hour I'd come back to hundreds of notifications for threads I've never posted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

The opposite for me... my posts are not showing in "my threads" since the change so the only wat to find new posts is in newest posts.

Any posts i made in threads i had contributed to before the change works ok....

Its not really too important but i lose interest...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Gettings ones for Munster Rugby and Batman Returns, never looked in either thread before.

Yeh. I just got Batman returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

And then you get an email saying you've been mentioned in a thread, but there's no link in the email to take you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I had this problem prior to launch of new site, it got completely ridiculous, Notifications coming in at un godly hours, for threads I never followed, for post replies I made weeks previously and bizzarely even for threads long closed.

I got no resolution and eventually had to stop all email notifications, I continue this approach and just bookmark threads I follow. This action doesn't stop pm notifications albeit they go into spam and I've gave up reporting they are not spam, this I believe a Gmail issue.

With everything going on with new site (which I like), I'm not bothered trying to address the notifications issue.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just a thought on this, I got the same, checked control panel and bizzarely was clicked for following, notifications for a thread, I wasn't, admitidly I was previously, before launch but not new site, so just unclicked and stopped being mentioned, it's worked so far 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement