Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texts from BOI

Options
  • 26-08-2021 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have received 2 texts claiming to be from BOI from this number

0873284161 asking me to confirm a transcation, can yuo confirm this is a legitimate bank of ireland number.

I have been on hold for credit card services for the past 25 minutes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Good afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch with us on boards.ie.

If our card security team would like to confirm a transaction they would send you a message to reply yes/no and that your card will be restricted until they hear from you. I would recommend following the steps on this text by replying yes or no. You can also reach the team on 1800946764. One of my colleagues will be happy to help once they are available.

Thanks,

Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jayzee

Thanks Megan

Unfortunately I have already received one phishing text that was disguised as BOI so I am sceptical of that as source now.

I did get through to your team eventually and they confirmed all was in order and that the text from the number above was legitimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jayzee,

We understand your concern with the text appearing beside genuine Bank of Ireland texts but unfortunately it is quite easy for the fraudsters to do this. If they use a sender ID of ‘BOI’, your phone assumes that the text is coming from the same place that used that ID before. The fraudsters do this obviously to make their message appear genuine.

Bank of Ireland will never text or email with links asking you to enter your log in details or one time pass codes. We have more information on this and other types of fraudster tactics here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks, Tara

Advertisement